What is this plug??

peteremer

Nov 16, 2007
virginia
So I started my car up yesterday without connecting this plug to anything, and it threw no codes and ran perfectly fine...I have no clue what this thing was ever meant to do.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
don't think that either as I don't think those are located on that part of the harness...

I'm thinking Oil Level as well as I think I recall the plug for the sensor looking like that...

91TurboSilver

May 5, 2010
WV
k my 91 turbo power steering worked awesome before BHG repair, now with that plug undone the pump groans and struggles badly, the thing was for sure plugged in before i did the BHG. Anyone ever figure this out? BUMP

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
thats a bad pump then (there are no connectors on the pump)

connector goes nowhere (no need for it)
my motor had never been pulled before and it was just hanging the first time i pulled it

91TurboSilver

May 5, 2010
WV
The tsrm shows an electrical connector for the PPS on the steering rack, I am sitting here just waiting for the rain to letup so I can go check. Does the power steering pump need bled after a BHG? I did not see that in there, it would really be unlikely and piss me off totally if that pump went bad for no reason by just sitting there while I rebuilt it. I am gonna figure this out, its driving me crazy

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
It's already been stated pretty clearly, but that plug is the same one used for the Oil level senders on the 2JZ motor. It's a pretty safe bet that is what it's for. And since USDM 7M's didn't come with that particular light you don't have to worry about it.