What is this part, and why is there a water fall under my hood.

yalc

i want my supra back.
Aug 22, 2005
DALLAS, tx
Car was over heating earlier today and this hose seems to have a slight crack in it w/ steam coming out at the time.. So I went to replace this hose, , but it was slightly hard to get to so I was going to remove a hose that was going in to the same place as it, when I found I might have more problems than just a hose with a hole..

But I am having a hard time finding any infomation on what this part is to replace it or anything about this broken rusty crap..

it is kinda funny when you turn on the car, the turbo side of the engine has a nice waterfall effect going on.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Wow, it looks like someone along the line didn't change the coolant in a VERY long time, or just ran water in it for a long time.

Anyway, that thing I couldn't even find in the EPC , someone else may but I looked through the engine, chassis, and electrics and didn't see it. I can tell you that at least on my buddies rebuild we tried to get that thing off and it would NOT let go; so good luck getting it off, it could be rediculously hard.

ninja edit: supra90turbo got it. I'm just blind.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
LOL, yeah, being a parts guy helps, too ;)
even though I look up parts for GM's at work, all car companies like to be "creative" in where they put some parts. That happened to be in "radiator and water outlet", and not in "cylinder head" where I figured it'd be...

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
you SHOULD be able to get a socket over that with the motor in the car. dont go pulling the head off yet!

i have several of those in perfect condition when youre ready!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i soaked mine in PB blaster, and it came right off. let it soak a bit. i ordered a new one along with new gaskets for it (metal o-rings) from champion toyota. call jeff. he'll hook you up. i asked for the water union bolt at the back of the head, and he knew exactly what i was talking about. :)

-shaeff

yalc

i want my supra back.
Aug 22, 2005
DALLAS, tx
I had just gotten my car to hold boost, and had a working diff, and now it wont even run right :( will this car work for longer than a day.. ever?

thanks for the help.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
You can absolutely get a big socket on a 1/2" drive breaker bar over that with the engine in the car - I know, because that's how I got mine off. Soak it for a day, re-treat it with buster, let it soak for another day, then throw the breaker bar on there and hammer the breaker bar, literally, with a hammer. Should pop right out.