what is this and will i need it??

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
pulled a black box from the drivers side of the engine bay right behind the fuse block.... says "relay cleaner cont" what is this? what does it do?

and can i get a list of small ugly parts i can toss or put up on ebay??

so far i have no charcoal canister, boost sensor, or cruise....also have done the 12V mod so that is gone

john

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i dont get why people who dont even know what they are looking at decide its ok to just rip out components and toss them in the trash.

toyota must of put all these things there just for the hell of it...

and if you have to ask if its ok to remove something, then you shouldnt remove it. once you make your self aware of the items purpose, youll be able to answer that question your self.

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
well lagged i understand your issue and am not offended, but my original question was

"pulled a black box from the drivers side of the engine bay right behind the fuse block.... says "relay cleaner cont" what is this? what does it do?"

i got the answer

"headlight squirter relay"

then i decided

"oh....well i'll keep that, anything i can ditch i might not know about??

john"

and as you might be able to tell from the 1st post i alread "decided for myself" that i will not need my stock boost sensor, charcoal canister, and cruise control actuator....

i'm not trying to be an ass, but my parts that are not broken, used by me or not, do not hit the trash can......i assume someone else might be able to use it or that i may have need of it later

john

P.S. well, lets see....what don't you know about?..........i wish i could tell you but i don't know.....hahahaaaaaaaaa....okay its not that funny