What is the worst mistake you have ever done to your supra?

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
In my cousins driveway I didn't set the parking brake and left it out of gear, rolled into a pine tree, broke the tail light and dented the rear quarter panel. Before that, the body on my car was perfect except for some faded paint.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
TurboFreak said:
I sold my first supra. Worst mistake evar!!!!11
That was a bad move, i loved your car.
My mistake was the 1st move when i had the car. Car needed new brake lines, rotors, pads, tires and an alignment. Man, if i only decided to do it myself because at the time i was busy, and could have waited 2 weeks for the car, but no, i got shafted on parts and the repair bill....
MAAAAN.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
Datsrboi said:
supraguru05 said:
Honestly there was not much effort at all.......... That is what bothered me. Its like as if the block was more aluminum the iron. Some SMALL resistance but not like what I am use to feeling at work. Plus I was not thinking about it too much since it did go in quite a bit before that resistance hit in.

huh see learn somthing everyday form now on ill quadruple check my taps before i clean threads because i thought it would be noticable but now i know i need to be really sure

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
I went to the track with mainseal stopleak in the oil and guess what i got a rod knock BUT after it cooled down and i drove it it was gone so no harm no foul and after 15K it still hasn't come back. no metal in oil or any other bad signs so i guess was just lucky

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
bought a targa shell :( POOOOOOOP

other than that i think everything else has been fine.

oh and used 1300$ insurance claim to buy a single turbo kit instead of a HT sunroof shell :(

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Decided I could do a HG replacement 3 weeks before moving to TX in time to make TX2k7. Ended up trailering the car there, drove 2800miles in 4 days, made it in time for the show, but had to transportation and missed thw whole event.

thebuddrik

Jun 2, 2007
Lafayette ,La.
sold my first car to noah, after i was rearended, with a full 3" exhaust, boost controller, brakes, stage 2 clutch, and oem parts i could dream of....

now 1 1/2 later , i own a BONE STOCK SUPRA AND AM SHOPPING FOR ALL OF THAT SAME CRAP AGAIN!!!

6o4turbo

It never ends...
Oct 27, 2005
B.C. Canada
themadhatter said:
I went to the track with mainseal stopleak in the oil and guess what i got a rod knock BUT after it cooled down and i drove it it was gone so no harm no foul and after 15K it still hasn't come back. no metal in oil or any other bad signs so i guess was just lucky

Rod knock doesn't go away, either you didn't have it, or you still do.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
thebuddrik said:
sold my first car to noah, after i was rearended, with a full 3" exhaust, boost controller, brakes, stage 2 clutch, and oem parts i could dream of....

now 1 1/2 later , i own a BONE STOCK SUPRA AND AM SHOPPING FOR ALL OF THAT SAME CRAP AGAIN!!!

i still have that car sitting in my garage buddy, but there is no more motor, tranny, ecu, interior, rear end. and i will be removing the subframes, and rack and pinion very soon. but if you still want it, i have it.
i tried to add you on myspace but since i don't know your last name or email, i couldn't

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Paid too much...

But if we are talking about mistakes made while working on it -

My biggest one was disassembling the top end while it was in the car. I would have saved Sooooooooooo much time if I had just yanked the whole engine to begin with.