what is the preferred 1pc steel driveshaft?

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
gaboonviper85;1444060 said:
It's not "good"...but it's not "bad"

stock ds's tend to fail at the bonded section in the rear half of the ds....I know this because I broke my stocker in my bone stock n/a...

When it broke it destroyed my center support bearing, trans output shaft bearing, and probably diff isn't too happy either!

2pc is better...a single is better than an old 20 year old ds...a modified stocker is even better.
wow on a stock n/a!? Thats a lot of destruction for a car that has a lot less power than mine (no offence.) kinds makes me wanna go under my car right now and check out my d/s lol. Well I guess theres no use fixing something that works fine already, I'll have to wait till my shaft is destroyed too I guess.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
MROsborne;1444073 said:
wow on a stock n/a!? Thats a lot of destruction for a car that has a lot less power than mine (no offence.) kinds makes me wanna go under my car right now and check out my d/s lol. Well I guess theres no use fixing something that works fine already, I'll have to wait till my shaft is destroyed too I guess.

Ij and myself highly recomend fixing it before it breaks! The rear half is the same between turbo & n/a...keep that in mind.

The driveshaft in this pic was mine! It was this that fucked everything...if my na will do it then I wouldn't chance it on a modded gte!

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105074

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
gaboonviper85;1444118 said:
Ij and myself highly recomend fixing it before it breaks! The rear half is the same between turbo & n/a...keep that in mind.

The driveshaft in this pic was mine! It was this that fucked everything...if my na will do it then I wouldn't chance it on a modded gte!

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105074
alright, I'll have to put a 1pc on my to buy list then. The cars parked till jan or feb next year when the snow clears up.

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
Shaftmasters 1pc on the way. When I took out my ds to get a measurement, I could see how bad my rear section is twisted. Plus I have about a 1/2" of play when I rotate the ds back and forth. I guess the rear end is my next fix.
Thanks for the input guys.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
I'm getting my drive shaft from jaws gear in sacramento. Heard a lot of good stuff from supraforum guys.