What is the best MKIII EMS?

88MK3.

Hi all, I have a 88 N/A I'm bout to put some cams in and soon turbo, I no everything else I need but I'm trying to find the best Engine Management System for my car before I even buy anything. I want to get the EMS installed before I even buy any turbo parts but I'm not sure wat system to get. AEM and ProEFI both make a kit more or less but they seem but the same sept the prices. Any help?

102_4170.jpg

Visit http://projectcassandra.weebly.com

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The system is only as good as its tuner. I agree that the motec is the most advanced system on the market.. but it will be terrible if the tuner doesn't know how to tune it.

Ask your tuner what he prefers.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Motec =money if you don't know what your doing.

Mega squirt would be the cheapest option if you know someone to tune it.

Aem pnP would be the easiest if you can find it for the 7m.

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
Definitely. Go to your local tuning shop and ask them what they are comfortable with tuning and installing. This way, your tuner will know how to tune your engine to the best of his ability as he will know the system which is controlling your engine. That would be the only safe and secure way of knowing what EMS is best for your car IMO.

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Megasquirt MS3. DIY FTW. :) This option will cost, by far, the least and is every bit as capable/reliable as the most expensive system.

Otherwise, find a tuner that knows these cars (has tuned them before), ask what they use/recommend and buy that.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
The Miata guys (specifically MiataTurbo forums) swear by MegaSquirt, and sometimes it's hard to justify anything else. MS3 can also control VVT now.

I agree that you should talk with your respected tuner first and foremost. If he has been doing it for a while, he'll have an opinion of the different options, and he should know at least one model over others. The AEM EMS is very popular for me locally, and MkIV guys are always all over it. There are "certain" places that still have it for the MkIII as well if that is what youre after... ;)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
scottryana;1872097 said:
Had? What happened to it? Would you do it again?

I rather sink the $ into a car that is designed that way.

Think

CTS-V
E or CLS AMG
M6
Porchse etc

All MoTeC stuff was sold. I recouped about 90% of the cost. It keeps it's value really really good.