What is the acutal compression psi's on a Aristo 2jzgte?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
SimpleMKIII;1171206 said:
Really?? Maybe thats why im asking what the book sez so I can get an ideal idea of what it is. All i hear is mine is this and that and as long as its this it should be that. Thats why I bought the book. THE END.

I guess you missed my post then :icon_roll

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't mind the wording as much as I do the attitude when he's the one needing help. There isn't anything on here that he can't find if he only took the time to look.

SimpleMKIII

Oct 17, 2008
Riverside, Ca
OMG. All I needed was an actual number. All I got was total BS. The only one who actually made any sense was the one who told me to go and get the manual lol. You guys are worse than the mr2oc.com I asked for the same question for a high comp 4age. All i got was "Oh my psi was around 140-160 and its all good". Another ranted on like you others on the health of motor varies like a fricken broken record of ol news. All my post are just questions of things i cant find bc I dont have a manual. Ive been spinning wrenches on Supras since 2000. I didnt know jack shit about swapping a 2jzgte into a third gen Supra untill a month ago, and look at me. Im 3/4s done.

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
SimpleMKIII;1171979 said:
OMG. All I needed was an actual number. All I got was total BS. The only one who actually made any sense was the one who told me to go and get the manual lol. You guys are worse than the mr2oc.com I asked for the same question for a high comp 4age. All i got was "Oh my psi was around 140-160 and its all good". Another ranted on like you others on the health of motor varies like a fricken broken record of ol news. All my post are just questions of things i cant find bc I dont have a manual. Ive been spinning wrenches on Supras since 2000. I didnt know jack shit about swapping a 2jzgte into a third gen Supra untill a month ago, and look at me. Im 3/4s done.

Haha, some psychiatrist is going to be rich off you one day.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It's not just California. We have interesting and intelligent people everywhere.

I did a compression test on my 2jz today and I had one cylinder at 145, four @ 150, and one @ 155, so I think they're pretty good.

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
suprahero;1179864 said:
It's not just California. We have interesting and intelligent people everywhere.

I did a compression test on my 2jz today and I had one cylinder at 145, four @ 150, and one @ 155, so I think they're pretty good.

not too bad, 10psi variance between em is a little high, but not crazy.

pracefan

Nov 11, 2008
Colorado
150psi is absolutely sufficient compression. At that level I would look more for consistency across all cylinders. I wouldn’t warm up any engine with aluminum heads before pulling spark plugs just for a compression test. Do the test cold and look for anything over 120psi. If there is any variance of +/- 20psi on any one cylinder, I would be concerned about that one cylinder. 120psi is really a ton of compression. Being cold, you would expect a lower reading.

SimpleMKIII

Oct 17, 2008
Riverside, Ca
tsuper92;1179407 said:
join date oct 2008,leave date nov 2008
Shit, i left a long time ago. You dont hear me asking you tards anything. I dont even find your off topic section of any worth. I know Supraforums has their days, but this place was really unexpected.:icon_bigg

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
SimpleMKIII;1182533 said:
Shit, i left a long time ago. You dont hear me asking you tards anything. I dont even find your off topic section of any worth. I know Supraforums has their days, but this place was really unexpected.:icon_bigg
sorry,you just seem like a rude crude dude

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
hrm wonder where you can find an mkiv TSRM online... :p (my signature)

i posted my compression #'s in my build thread at the end i think... was 158-168 iirc