What is normal Wear on a CT26

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
I just picked up a CT26 for the local Yard. It looks in Excellent shape but when I grab the Perpellar bolt and pull or push back and fourth, It moves about a 1/8 inch. No up and Down movement at all, Just back and fourth.

You can grad the small wheel on the back of the turbo where the DP bolts too and move it back and forth also. Basically, the entire shaft is moving but still, No up or down movemnt

Is this bad or is it normal... the one I have on my car doesnt move at all.

Robert

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
So what you are saying is that I should have no push or pull play. There isnt much of it at all like I said but you can push and pull the Turbo fan a little and the hole thing moves. But nothing Binds and it Spends freely reguardless. Just try to see if I need to rebuild or it will be ok to use the way it is.

Robert

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Hey thanks.. If this one is bad, Where is a good place that I can send it too for either a Stock rebuild or a 60-62:1 Upgrade. I heard of a few places but when I go to the Sites, they say nothing about Turbo Rebuilds

Robert

sathu

Apr 20, 2005
SJ, CA
I got my 60-1 last week and I just got around to checking it out today and mine has little movement back and forth but when I move it up and down it seem to move by .5mm. This one is fresh with nothing in it yet and it spin when I turn the wheel.