What is a Zenkei Fog Light

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
What exactly is different about a Zenkei Fog Light compared to a stock Fog Light? In the auction listed below, this guy advertised his lights as "Zenkie", but also says "Stock" in his title. I see no difference except in the closing cost of the lights. Is there something I'm missing here? Or, is that just the manufacturer of the stock lights? I'm going to list a set, and would like to use that term as long as I am not misrepresenting my item.

PS.....It's a closed auction, so you may need to sign in to ebay to see.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/toyo...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Cool! So I have a Kouki car, but Zenki fog lights to sell?

Maybe I should see how the Zenki's would look on my Kouki car before selling, since I sold my kouki ones. Maybe with my upgraded bumper, they will be OK.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
IJ.;1697473 said:
faggotry... :nono:

only for folks who don't understand Japanese IMO.. it makes zero sense for them to be using the terms, less trying to write/romanize them.

fixitman04;1697996 said:
always thought my car was a little kookie..... guess i was just spelling it wrong

lol it's not pronounced cookie.. it's "co" as in co-worker with the vowel extended, hence the "u"/ and "key"

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
i was making a play on works referring to how f-ckd up some of the stuff the po did on my car.... sorry you didnt get it. thats a polish slang term meaning weird.. it also has a long o

not cookie

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Dylan JZ;1698847 said:
only for folks who don't understand Japanese IMO.. it makes zero sense for them to be using the terms, less trying to write/romanize them.

lol it's not pronounced cookie.. it's "co" as in co-worker with the vowel extended, hence the "u"/ and "key"

exactly, co-u-key.............crisp..!!!:D:D

I personally don't use those terms anymore, but it's just a way to identify

same way Supra guys say "MK", and others say "Gen" etc etc, some say "pre" other say "+"

but you can have a Zenki and a Kouki without a Chuki, if there's a 2nd revision to a car, then the former Kouki becomes Chuki, examples of cars with a "Chuki" can be the MKIII (if we used those terms), SC300/400's and late model WRX's...

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
i feel its easier to say 89+ or pre-89, No dictionary required for basic conversation.

MK, or gen is completely different as it refers to a generation in its entirety.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I know that, but was saying is we as Supra owners, don't say Gen 3 Supra, or Gen 4, we say Mark, or MK, same with Golf guys, they use Mark, not gen..

we say Pre 89, 89+, or 91/92, or whatever, we don't say "Zenki, Chuki, Kouki", it's just not the way we say things, that's all I'm pointing out..

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
I'm not sure who you speak for when you say "we" as I certainly understand and use the terms zenki and kouki.

But I guess I'm a faggot :icon_roll

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
It's just another example of something interesting that at least tried to bring some of the language to the states.. but like with many things has taken on a lame ass connotation.