what i did to lower

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcyanideslethalx

7M Boy aka LaaagMaster
Sep 6, 2007
burlington,washington
please dont flame me but today i cut my springs on my car and personally it did not turn out to be that bad it looks really good and sits just right but this is onlt a temporary fix for now until i get enough saved up for some megan coilovers

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Well if you didn't tell us we couldn't flame you. But now you did so get your flame suit on.

And I bet if you cut the same amount off each spring you should be able to get around the same height.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
i don't know why people dog on this so much. Half the people on this forum with coil overs got them for the height adjustability over the performance aspect anyways. Its just a cheaper way to get a similar result, its not like the supra is set up for corners anyways.

drift40

Banned
May 1, 2008
IN
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YYYYYYEEEAAAAAHHHHHH........sry i did my 240 the same way. i love it cause i'm boarder line poor. Now you can say you have JDM......Joe
.........................Dirt
.........................Motorsport

Last edited:

xcyanideslethalx

7M Boy aka LaaagMaster
Sep 6, 2007
burlington,washington
ya lol but honestly its not as bad as people say it is meant to be i think it rides pretty much the same but yeah ill get some pictures posted tommorow after school honestly it looks good even my mom agredd lol and shes a tough cookie to like things that i do lol

xcyanideslethalx

7M Boy aka LaaagMaster
Sep 6, 2007
burlington,washington
well i would have to say to me it didnt change the ride that much but everyone will have their own opinion but i feel it ries the same way as it did stock but here a picture of my car before the springs were cut ill get the new one tommorow for you guys

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

xcyanideslethalx

7M Boy aka LaaagMaster
Sep 6, 2007
burlington,washington
ya im satisfied with it i could care less what other people think but thought id show what it looks like incase someone else is in the same boat and cant afford lowering springs or coilovers

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I hope your struts blow before you can save up to buy the coilovers.

I hope that didn't sound *too* mean.

When you cut the length of the springs, you change the spring rate and the dynamics of the suspension system.

IMO, changing your suspension for "looks" and completely disregarding performance is idiotic if the car is driven on public roads.

I dont mean to be a dick, and I'm not insulting you, perse, but I hate it when people do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.