What Has Rob Been Up To? (PICS!)

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
shaeff: i'm gonna take a closer look at that fuel line, maybe i can clean up the install

sir georgee: yeah it REAL nice having a shop to work at.. makes me spoiled. It's an audi shop i work at.

RazoE: there's got to be a simpler solution here. You're dealing with rubber hoses, not a trying to mate a standard and metric compression fitting or something, :sarcasm:

mk3runner: thankss

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
theKnifeArtist;1537398 said:
RazoE: there's got to be a simpler solution here. You're dealing with rubber hoses, not a trying to mate a standard and metric compression fitting or something, :sarcasm:

you'd be surprised..:D

I'm also trying to stealth my engine bay, I just ordered black couplers to replace my blue ones, switched to all black vacuum lines, and now the recirculation of my BOV..

I have a 90 degree elbow on the way that reduces to fit the 1" hose I have and plugs into the accordian pipe. The hose I bought is super strong and thick, good for up to 200psi, which is why I didn't want to "squeeze" it with a clamp to fit..

but we'll see how it all goes, I'll keep everyone updated..:D

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
Supra was in the shop the other day.
I was too lazy to work, so i took a couple pictures and a short sound clip. :icon_razz

p1538748_1.jpg

p1538748_2.jpg

p1538748_3.jpg

Exhaust Clip:
[video=youtube;mgDUMvb0o6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgDUMvb0o6I[/video]

i wonder if it will sound different when i put the recirculated DDP back in

Last edited:

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Man, I LOVE black pre 89's! I'm a noob with that exhaust cut out thing, what's it for exactly? (It's probably a stupid question, I know lol)

Good stuff man!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Everything is looking good Rob. The raptor exhaust sounds pretty good. Do you by any chance have a sound clip with out the muffler on it?, just his cat back with the resonator?

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
Supra28;1538766 said:
Man, I LOVE black pre 89's! I'm a noob with that exhaust cut out thing, what's it for exactly? (It's probably a stupid question, I know lol)

Good stuff man!

Its an easy way out for the exhaust, for more power and noise..
i've always just been a sucker for an open exhaust on a turbo car:yumyum:

dubsupra209;1538791 said:
damn you did a lot of work and came out great....i love the rsr i would of left it on just my 2 cents...

It was a little painful getting rid of that exhaust. It is very nicely made, very straight, and sounded great. Unfortunately i was definitely not digging the placement of that outlet, and the whole large can muffler thing is not for me anymore. I drive this car everyday and needed something more subtle.

If anyone wants to buy the midsection of the RSR, let me know ;) ...thats all thats left of it:nono:

Poodles;1538796 said:
put [video] tags around the link ;)
thanks buddy :) fixed it

87M-GTE;1538815 said:
Looks Great Rob!
Good job keeping us posted too.

-Sam

thank youu:icon_bigg

92nsx;1539249 said:
Everything is looking good Rob. The raptor exhaust sounds pretty good. Do you by any chance have a sound clip with out the muffler on it?, just his cat back with the resonator?

Sorry, i have no idea what you're talking about.:icon_conf

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
Upgrade Update!

So i got my downpipe fixed up a couple weeks ago, just been lazy on posting the update.

So glad to get rid of that HKS one, this one makes heaploads more power :)
I was going to bore out the wastegate while i had the downpipe off, but decided not too because i was worried about the shavings n shit around there

p1549709_1.jpg

p1549709_2.jpg

The work is pretty good looking i'd say, although the inside is so so..checked it with a boroscope ;)

When the temperature is right, my boost control seems to be quite adequate with this recirced DDP in.
I'll hit 15psi how i have it set and stay there.

On slightly colder days ill hit 16PSI and BAM FUEL CUT.
WTF. i thought i had this figured out.
Lex AFM and 550c means fuel cut in the 20s, no?

I don't think i have any boost leaks because i pressurized and smoke tested the intake system when i was checking for my vacuum/boost leak not very long ago.

Do i have no make an adjustment on the AFM screw here? I'm not sure i have to drill something, i have to take a good look at it. I remember doing that with my old AFM.

Once i get this quirk figured out i can finally jump in the dyno..so help me out here please:icon_bigg

Last edited:

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
So nice to see Gina again...Yes that's her name FYI its a long story...I so regret getting rid of this car but I'm SOOOOO glad it went to good hands and you are finishing it up...most of th estuff you are doing were my plans all along...the color and the wheels are BOMB...slightly upset you got rid of the RSR though...it was pure sex..slightly ricey i guess though...

Let me explain my self on the red tape over the harness...I had nothing to do with it...brought the harness upstairs to clean in up on my free time and next thing i know my dad had 3 rolls of red electrical tape wrapped around it...Didnt even run it by me..so thats the story blame that shit on my dad...Glad you painted the IC piping also, they where to shiny.I had a friend who does TIG and he was gonna re-do them with as little clamp connections as possible...

O, that intake gasket was felpro i believe, not surprised it blew...That and you're prob boosting the crap out of it...haha

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
hey yianni, what's up? the car's been through countless hours of work and plenty of parts ..and there is still much more to do. There have been a whole bunch of ups and downs, but I'm still enjoying the supra. I was running the 57trim at 15psi untuned. It was fun but i never got to make it to the dyno with it before it catastrophically failed just recently.

TURBO FAILURE THREAD
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?122400-Turbo-Carnage!-Upgrade-Discussion

So now im running a stock CT and 10psi, weee.
I had made plans to get a 500wh bolt on turbo on there, but i got to take of a couple other things first.
So far your motor has 20K on it and clock reads 281,000 miles, still keepin it goin :)

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
20k miles?Thats awsome!

thats the second 57 trim that went out on this...when I first had the car running again i discovered the ct had major shaft play after about 500 miles....to the point where the fins had just started touching the housing a wee little bit.DM opened it up and told me they had forgotten to open up the oil feed port?they where cool about it so i just slapped it back on....I still think it might of been an imbalance issue.Is the shaft blue?obviosly the oil feed line is SS, but i would blow pressurized air though it to make sure the block is free and clear.I pretty sure i did this on the rebuilt process but who knows what happened since then...good luck and more pics!