What happens if you dont pay for your ticket?

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
i currently have a ticket in Augusta, Georgia (columbia county) for 40-8-23 which is a state law violation for "no working taillight". I forgot about the ticket and t was due on the 12th. I have not sent the money for it yet.
But now i am in Las Vegas, Nevada (clark county). So if i just dont even send in the money for the ticket what will happen?

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
why do you say western union?
I am going to send the money order monday, but i was supposed to pay for the ticket by the 12th. So i dunno. I guess i might as well just get it stuck in the mail hopefully they will let it slide.

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
Call the number on the ticket ASAP.
Tell them your story and they will most likely extend your due date.
Otherwise they will issue a bench warrant, and next time a cop gets behind you (even out of state) they will pull you over and detain you in jail.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Pay the ticket. I got arrested a few weeks ago for outstanding tickets that i flat out forgot about. I got them the day before i moved, and it just slipped my mind. a few weeks ago i got pulled over for 7mph over the limit, turns out my license was suspended for failure to pay tickets. Ended up costing me over 500$ by the time i got the tickets paid, court dues, and all that jazz.

Just pay the fucking ticket.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Hah you just reminded me of a ticket I was supposed to pay on the 14th.

$30 for parking at the beach past 10pm...

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I only plan on owning this car for another 3-4 months. No plan to re-register in '08, so screw it. My ticket states a late penalty of $5.00. But on the other side it says "May subject to vehicle seizure" Haha, oh well, It's not the Supra, just a DD beater.

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
Mk3Jesse said:
North East, Off Lake Mead and Pecos (in that area)
what about you?

You hope no cops are on this forum.... JK... But seriously you can pay that measily 1xx dollar fee or less now or deal with it later when you'll have to attend their State Court, Added Fees, Plane Tickets, Off work, etc. you get the picture.

A buddy of mine didnt pay his parking tickets. Well, he got pulled over and had to pay like 1000 dollars worth of Tow, Impound Charge, Fees, License Renewal, and etc etc etc.

And i know you think your in a different State they can't do sh*t. Well your License ID number applies to all 50 States. So everybody that checks your Name thru ur Social Security Number basically any Personal Identification Number you'll be screwed from either:
A: Getting a Job
B: A license Renewal( in your current state)
C: Applying for Loans/ Credit Card Applications
D: You know it

And all of that for a little measily ticket. :dunno: Maybe its not a big deal.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
they issue a warrant without notifying you

A cop will pull you over and arrest you right down the street from your house in the freezing cold

they will set your bail at the ticket price

its 2 am so nobody is awake to pay your bail

spend the night in a cell

you pay ithe bail, goto court, the judge will bitch at you, wait in line, talk to the counter lady, she tells you to ask the judge if all you owe is the bail you paid, wait in line, talk to judge again, wait, talk to lady again, sign over bail, wait 2 hours, then talk to the judge, go home. this cost me 1322$, 1006$ ticket, 33$ court cost, 183$ reduced ticket for driving on suspended list, 100$ DMV restoration fee. Bit like paying the 1000$ ticket was any easy chore, but at least pay it to avoid the other stuff!