What gloves do you use on your engine?

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
i need to get a pair of gloves.
latest ones i've seen was like a purple/black pair of gloves that are very durable and they dont slip. Saw them on 2 guys garage.
Anyone know a good site to get the ones im talking about or a site that has a good deal.
ive looked at harbor frieght, any where else u guys have seen good deals.

if u can give me a feedback on whatever glove you use i'd appreciate it!

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
I hate wearing gloves unless theyre latex/similar fit gloves. I only put them on if I know I'm going to bang my knuckles on something. When that's the case, I just wear mechanics gloves from Advance/AutoZone. They're 20 bucks, texturized and all of that jazz.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
mechanix gloves. works great for handling hot things and for saving my knuckles from getting too banged up. only bad part if you get anything greasy on them (oil....) they can be slick. very worth it though

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
if youre looking for protection, then mechanix gloves are the way to go. theyve saved me a few times from metal shards and splinters to hot exhaust mani shields. they're a little hard to get adjusted to when doing fine work, but they're a whole lot thinner than other gloves on the market. a major plus: mechanix gloves have a warranty (lifetime, maybe?)

if you're looking to keep grease and oil off of your hands, or are handling clean parts during reassembly, go with nitrile gloves (a great deal stronger than latex). i went through at least two or three boxes of the medical nitrile gloves while fiberglassing and also when i was mounting my new brake rotors.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Real men dont wear gloves .lol , I could sand a car with my bare hands., The wife loves them for a back rub.

Turb0Lover

Its coming back
Nov 23, 2006
Phila.PA
When ever I had to make a trip to the hospital I would take a shit load of gloves from the rooms and thats what I use. There cool.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Mechanix gloves rock. I used to hate them, but you get used to them very quickly, and it makes the post-job cleanup so much easier when you can take the gloves off, throw them in your toolbox and look at your clean hands.

Nitrile gloves are nice, but I hate how easy they tear. From my experiences, Mechanix gloves really stand up good to everything you can throw at it. They even saved my finger one time when my 4" angle grinder kicked back with a cutoff wheel on it. Cut a slice in the glove, scratched my finger.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
i just use baseball batting gloves, they keep me from getting burnt, and give me a little more grip on whatever i need to do (my hands tend to sweat ALOT).. but the ones i have can breathe and absorb the oil/whatever im working with and it gets to your hands :\

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
no one has mensioned how chicks love the scared up and brused nuckle look at least my girl does. Almost fell in the floor the other day when she told me how good cam2(leaded race gas) smelled but she does drive a modded 95 gt stang lol

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
when you have to look at this as a living wearing glove's is a must, you go through so much soap it dries my hands out, then dishes kill them aswell,

both glove's i wear have been mentioned.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
personally I just wear some (blue) nitrile gloves from autozone. Love those damn things...so much easier than trying to wipe grease off your hands; just take em off, throw a new pair on and you're good to go. $5/box for 50 pair. As previously said, Mechnix gloves are awesome for hot/sharp stuff