What gauge to buy?

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
I bought a 2 gauge pod, along with a new boost gauge, but I'm undecided what to buy for a second gauge. I was thinking possibly oil temp., or maybe a wideband O2. I am not at the stages of tuning where I would get a lot of use out of the O2 sensor right now, but probably in the future.
Any suggestions on what you think would be the most useful choice??
I will be going with auto meter gauges.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
the uego was suppose to be the most accurate but when I was the dyno the other week it was alittle of from what the computer reading was. So your guess is better than mine.

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
JCP said:
AEM UEGO.. no question. but w/e you want.. its up to you.

So the AEM UEGO would be significantly better than the autometer equivalent?? I was just wanting to stay with the same brand mostly for aesthetic purposes, but if the AEM is that much better i'll get that.

Also, how much is this gauge and where's the best place to buy it?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
cbutler said:
So the AEM UEGO would be significantly better than the autometer equivalent?? I was just wanting to stay with the same brand mostly for aesthetic purposes, but if the AEM is that much better i'll get that.

Also, how much is this gauge and where's the best place to buy it?

The autometer is only a narrowband so YES the AEM wideband would be significantly better.

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
OneJoeZee said:
The autometer is only a narrowband so YES the AEM wideband would be significantly better.

Actually, autometer now has a narrow band as well as a wideband. I think it's a fairly new product for them though.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
buy this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=110094012870&rd=1,1 it is only 330 the best deal i found around i bought one of them other places want $400
INN-3781.jpg

t4boost

I gotta have my boost!
Mar 23, 2007
Arizona
I would think that you would go with a oil pressure gauge, since i heard the factory ones were "iffy at best" I read on a thread somewhere on the forums.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
I run boost and oil temp. When your tubo is only oil cooled it might not be a bad idea to keep an eye on it. I bought an aftermarket oil cooler with ports already on it so it was pretty easy to install.