What Fan controller do you reccommend?

Apr 4, 2005
Milwaukee
www.cardomain.com
I need a fan controller for my dual electric fans. As of right now I only have the on/off switch. I believe this is causing my battery to not get fully charged and I have starting issues occasionally. I am looking for one that will turn one fan on at a variable speed and kick the other one in at a higher temp.

What are the differences between the kits that use a radiator tap compared to using the stock temp sensor? Is one better than the other?

What do you reccommend I use? For a decent price obviously.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Use the factory AC temp switch located on the thermo housing. It controls the factory AC aux fans, as long as your AC fans come on when the AC is on and it's hot outside, then the switch is working perfectly, as a switched ground source. Use that ground to ground a relay that powers up the fans and forget about it.

mazzer

Banned
May 3, 2005
st.louis,mo
IHI-RHC7 said:
Use the factory AC temp switch located on the thermo housing. It controls the factory AC aux fans, as long as your AC fans come on when the AC is on and it's hot outside, then the switch is working perfectly, as a switched ground source. Use that ground to ground a relay that powers up the fans and forget about it.
um iirc that switch comes on at around 215* .. thats cookin

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
check out these discussions on efans. The SPAL controller is what i use and wouldn't have it any other way. It is a programable variable speed controller that can control one or two fans.

On SM

on SM again

IHI and I will always have differing opinions on the use of the a/c temp swtich. The decision is yours on what you decide to do.

Apr 4, 2005
Milwaukee
www.cardomain.com
I know I don't want to wire them to the A/C switch as I don't want them to be off or 100%. I want them to be stagged. I have heard of the SPAL and have looked into it a little bit. Would there be anything extra that I would have to buy on top of the Kit the comes with the SPAL controller?

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
um iirc that switch comes on at around 215* .. thats cookin

i took someone else advice form supraforums on this method, he claimed 180, boy was be wrong.
quickly switched back