Finland, Europe
Can someone please help me identify this Exhaust? It is for the Mk3 Supra

indexphpactiondlattachtxf9.jpg

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
It sure does not look like anything i have ever seen sold in North America for the mk3. Maby a Euro company produces it. closest ive ever seen for that muffler would be a megan GT-spec or a Tanabe Tuner Medalion.

Both of those are universal units made to be welded to custom piping though, so i doubt it is either of those. :dunno:

where did you find the picture?

I think there are nicer exhausts than that produced for the mk3 IMO though... Each unto their own i guess. :)

Best of luck with the search!

Krister

Holset lover
May 2, 2005
Finland, Europe
Sir Smokesalot;1106743 said:
It sure does not look like anything i have ever seen sold in North America for the mk3. Maby a Euro company produces it. closest ive ever seen for that muffler would be a megan GT-spec or a Tanabe Tuner Medalion.

Both of those are universal units made to be welded to custom piping though, so i doubt it is either of those. :dunno:

where did you find the picture?

I think there are nicer exhausts than that produced for the mk3 IMO though... Each unto their own i guess. :)

Best of luck with the search!

This exhaust is from Japan. I think it's a Kakimoto or something similar, it shouldnt be custom to my knowledge as it has a Jasma plate in it.

I know it's not the prettiest out there, but it sure is better then the Trust TR-S that I have now, and I got this one for very cheap. Here's a pic of the Trust exhaust I have now: http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/2585/cimg3675ie8.jpg

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
Looks like a coffee can muffler that the kids put on a civic POS to make it sound fast. Kidding aside - thats a 2" tapering to 3"... you're missing the rear end elbow. Glad my exhaust is done.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
Don't know if it is a kakimoto or not. I believe kakimoto made 2 or more systems for the mk3 that i have seen. one definately didn't look like that, the other looks like this:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/dri...t-manual-sale-jza70-model-1jz-gte-engine.html

The muffler looks a bit different, so if it is made by the same company it would seem they made quite a few mk3 exhausts.

It seems like it it missing the plate with the brand name on the side, and has an angle cut tip as opposed to a straight cut tip.

but where the muffler edges down from the packing area to the tip seems to be constructed similar. looks like we have us a mystery! :runaway: