What ever happened to Arlene Lanman?

7MGTEJoe

Mar 31, 2005
Salinas, CA
I've seen a few folks from the old SOGI mailing list around here and was wondering if anyone knew what happened to her.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
She's still on the Yahoo groups Supras list... still hangin' in there. I follow the list, but seldom submit anything. Too much ego there and the longtime members get tired of getting beat up (flamed). She's still there tho, with lots of the same quality, useful input.

L

lanky189

Arlene.... ah..the good ole sogi overloading my inbox days.... Thats where i first learned of Supramania... and Headgaskets...and the good Dr.

Arlene is great..she would sift through all the ego, flame, hate and spite, and weave a web of amazing technical info that was awe inspiring..only to have it dashed by the same ego she overlooked...I beleive strongly that Arlene was/is the most unappreciated resource in the supra community.

I beleive Mike webber of Masupras.com was tryin to restart the sogi deal before the hack. Maybe it can be reconciled?

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Boosted Supra said:
Not to be rude or anything, when I use to be on the SOGI list I heard that Arlene was not a woman but a man. Is that true?
^... you can't really be asking that....!! :slap: Look at all the names on these forums... at least half of these ppl aren't who they say they are, own what they say they own, are as old as they say they are, or probably even don't have the supermodel GFs they say they have (most of these particular critics are gay anyways - not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

Really tho... I don't think it matters, as much as what they contribute matters. Guy, girl, or inbetween.

As far as Arlene, she's been able to hang in there thru much of the abuse/beatings that have sent many members away. :bigun2:

Last edited:

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
It would be great if Arlene would post here. Her post have always been very informative. I would say she is in the top 5 of the most knowledgeable people on the MK3. I got to meet her at the mid west sogi meet summer of 99. Then I was sill quite new & she helped me out with several Q's I had. I found her to be very down to earth & easy to talk too. I agree with satan that she has & apparently still is taking a bunch of cyber space abuse on the list from immature morons. Now to truly answer your Q Boosted she is a transsexual. No reason to tip toe around it because its definitely nothing she is embarrassed about, nor should be. I haven't been on the list for a cpl years & sure miss how it was back in 98-01. I should join back up & see how it is now.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
heh. arlene is most def a woman. i had the pleasure of hanging out w/some old skool SOGI peeps who knew her....she's still active on the email list. from what i remember she was very against the forum thing.....for good reason....

streetknight

rip ssb
Mar 30, 2005
melbourne, fl
wow, the old sogi list is still strong. thats very impressive i remember back in 2000 when i use to get about 50 emails a day from their. how things have changed.