What dose this mean!!!!

spinner

Jan 3, 2009
Melbourne/melton
hey guys my JZZ30 soarer is bubberling in the radiator when the car gets hot i've check'd the radiator for oil in there, check'd the oil cap and the dip stick and there is nothin what so eva of a blown headgasket or crack'd she's running fine i just dont know why shes bubberling i've done the thermostat but im thinking it mite be a water pump wat do you think????

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
how old is your rad cap?

possibly the water pump.. when was the last time it was changed?

spinner

Jan 3, 2009
Melbourne/melton
the water pump i havent changed still the same one in there i think not to sure im the 3rd owner of the car so i dont know if he has changed it or not

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
make sure your using destilled water and antifreeze. you dont want trashy water in there. is it bubbleing or bolding?

spinner

Jan 3, 2009
Melbourne/melton
its bubberling, and hey Rocketguy if ur money is on a bhg well then u can fix it cause i dont wanna cough up $4,000 to have it fix lol nice doing bisness with ya hahahaha.

but yeah its only bubberling i think its my rad cap cause its stuff'd and i think its not holding the pressure in thats way its bubberling. Its letting the pressure out So another way to say it my car is acting like a jug when u make a cup of tea...

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
tap water bubbles when hot cuz its boiling. Disstilled water doesn't boil so flush the system put mostly anti freeze and disstilled water only. See if that helps, also if you know your cap is old just replace it already, only a few bux and its another thing you can take off the list of things that might be causing this issue

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
It's a baby.............Burp it, fill it, and put a cap on it!

Do a search on burping the radiator. I'd burp it, fill it with distilled water/Toyota coolant, and cover it with a good new cap.

After that, if you still have problems with it, I'd start with a compression test. Do yourself a favor, and don't put so much belief in the myth. All motors are capable of failure.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i had sc300's with rod knock and BHG's. its all the owners... so who knows whats happened.

sounds like you need to completely clean + flush your coolant system (they sell it at stores pretty simple to do) get a good mix of distilled water and coolant with a new thermostat and you should be set (always test the thermostat, even new ones) new rad cap wouldn't hurt either like others suggested ;)