What do you think about this? Video.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
o, here are the details........

Charger R/T was put into service a little over a month ago, approximately.

Currently has 5000 miles +/-

Last oil change was 800 miles ago with 5W20 from a 55 gallon drum.

Oil is SureGuard (synthetic blend), a brand our mechanics have been using for years without any issues.

This car (as with most of ours) is driven 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. They are driven hard, idle for long periods but are routinely serviced by our 2 full time mechanics. ( Police cars )

The problem

noticed the vehicle was sluggish during normal "city" type driving until you romped on the gas, thought this may be due to the "Eco" mode the new Chargers are currently coming with...

Tuesday nite, Charger was at idle most of the night while I was on various calls, noticed some knocking and took the car out of service.

No CEL, no oil light nor any other warning lights.

Mechanics pulled the oil stick, no oil.

Mechanics pulled the oil filter, turned it over and no oil poured out but a semi-solid jelly like substance was inside.

Mechanics pulled the pan and..............check out the link.

http://s968.photobucket.com/albums/a...=oilsludge.mp4

Ive shown several shop owners and none have seen oil in this condition before.

Samples have been sent to the company for evaluation.

We also have a Tahoe which also was knocking but the oil was not as "solid" as the Charger's but more like molasses.

4 other cars have been changed with the same oil but no problems as of yet, they are being taken out of service as of tomorrow.

Any thoughts?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Link doesn't work. ;)

I'd suggest you stop using Dodge products if your department can. Can't say I've ever heard of oil turning to a jelly like form, my guess would be some sort of foreign chemical may have been introduced into your vehicle somehow, and caused a chemical reaction... but I'm certainly no professional.