What do you think about Eagle Rods

oscarsupra

Dec 23, 2006
El Salvador, Central America
I need to know if the eagle rods are better than stock rods in a 7mgte motor. I am rebuilding my motor.

Somebody tall me that the stock shot penned rods are better. What do you think about?

Because somebody broke one going over 500hp in his 7mgte motor.

There are some car whit eagle rods doing 500hp?????
:1zhelp:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
WTF cheap?

The Eagle Rods are H beam, ridiculously beefy compared to stock, and have 3/8" ARP2000 bolts.

Now, I WOULD recommend having them checked - Eagle used to have a problem with quality control. I've heard things have improved - but it's never a bad idea to check them out anyway ;)

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Doward said:
WTF cheap?

The Eagle Rods are H beam, ridiculously beefy compared to stock, and have 3/8" ARP2000 bolts.

Now, I WOULD recommend having them checked - Eagle used to have a problem with quality control. I've heard things have improved - but it's never a bad idea to check them out anyway ;)
i remember a thread that someone posted on sf about the grade they used for the bolts, and they were the cheaper quality offered.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
"Cheap" is a relative thing here guys.....

No use getting all butt hurt compare them to Pauter/Crower/Carillo/Mechart and you'll understand....

As I posted above have them blueprinted make sure they have the good bolts and away you go.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
"Blueprinted" is just making sure ALL dimensions are perfect according to how they're drawn on a blueprint.

In car part terms it's usually just making sure each part is identical to the next and within a +- tolerance.

Have had reports from my machine shop Eagles are anything but.

Not to mention Chinese metallurgy isn't what you'd call cutting edge, it's getting better but not there yet.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
upgradedsupra said:
Nice edit: I was wondering if you are trying out for a part ..you know..a "role" :D

Duane
p644568_1.jpg

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
:biglaugh: @ duane and kwnate.

Thanks for the explination IJ, is the metal there constructed of really not up to snuff? im sure there not as quality as pauters or the like but they must be stronger the stock parts?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
NC: The stock Rods are pretty good pieces if you take some care and time in prep.

I'd like to see an analysis of the Eagles to see just what they're made from and how carefully the process is monitored.

A rod is such a critical component and a failure usually means you might salvage the Intake and Waterpump and not a whole lot else if it lets go at high boost/rpms.