What do you guys do when you buy drinks at the drive though??

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IJ.;1411946 said:
Guess they didn't care/understand/grasp the US obsession with cup holders?

Where do you draw a line I mean I've seen em for those stupid big bucket kwikimart slushies.... :nono:

i guess i just thought that a cup holder in a car was pretty vasic but idk. a slushie holder would be nice although i could not tell you the last time a had one lol

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
lewis15498;1411971 said:
Somewhere along the line they caught on. My fathers 08 tundra has 17 cupholders IIRC. I guess they were making up for lost time.

hahaha yea could you imagine if a supra had a grip of cup holders this conversation would be alot different

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Kiichiro Toyoda is looking down at us right now.

Jesus: Whats the matter Kii?
Kiichiro: Fucking assholes.
Jesus: Who?
Kiichiro: The supramanians, I give them a work of art, and all they do is piss and moan about cup holders.

lol

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
lewis15498;1411984 said:
Kiichiro Toyoda is looking down at us right now.

Jesus: Whats the matter Kii?
Kiichiro: Fucking assholes.
Jesus: Who?
Kiichiro: The supramanians, I give them a work of art, and all they do is piss and moan about cup holders.

lol

Read this and spit soda all over my self

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Tundra was specifically oriented for north American market unlike Supras, hence a million cup holders a microwave, and a toilet.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
sometimes i just hold the drink in my left hand and steer with my right hand and the second i need to shift i just take my hands off the steering nd shift with the right hand

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
I think the factory holder works fine...If you have an open container and you care about stuff spilling in your interior you drive in a non aggressive manner. Driving this way the factory 89+ cup holders work fine. I agree the location is poor and you have to hold your arm different to shift but I normally only need them for long hwy drives in which case Im not shifting much anyway...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
The whole no eating/drinking (unless its bottled water) thing seems to work quite well.

IJ, you are very right about that spot. Water stays cold forever there.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
I use the factory cup holder in my '90, no problems. I just use the back one so I don't hit it accidentally. My console lid stays up np as well, unless you have to panic stop...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
You guys are overexaggerating...

I put a cupholder in my 86.5, and replaced the broken one on my 89, and if it's a can or smaller, you need to put something underneath (since I don't have the support bars on either), as they'll fall through, however any standard 20oz cup (or 591ml for the non-cool metric system-ers) from many fine retailers will catch and sit nicely with no worries. I also put it in the 2nd cupholder, or it'll hit my elbow as I shift...

My 92 however, has an airbag, so it has a much more shallow center console and I don't have to worry about anything falling through, including 12 oz (355ml) cans...

p.s. no one eats or drinks in my car, including myself and my girlfriend. NO EXCEPTIONS...

either we eat there, or we eat at home, no inbetween snacking, even the opening of the bag is forbidden. Trust me, I've kicked my brother out before for that reason..!!!

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
RiyadYar;1412055 said:
sometimes i just hold the drink in my left hand and steer with my right hand and the second i need to shift i just take my hands off the steering nd shift with the right hand

This is probably the best we can do, I'd rather not have cupholders than have the car designed for them, being an eyesore and taking up room for something more useful.

NewWestSupras;1412147 said:
I use the factory cup holder in my '90, no problems. I just use the back one so I don't hit it accidentally. My console lid stays up np as well, unless you have to panic stop...

The panic stop is what I'm mostly worried about (it's just that it's my kind of luck) so all I drink in the car is bottled water which I throw onto whatever seat isn't taken, but, for those rare occasions when my brother wants me to make a fast food run, I simply hold it.

Last edited:

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
Well i thought of putting cup holders behind the console right in between the back seats in to the tranny tunnel. We coul also mounted on the dashboard at the ac console height.