What do I need for 400rwhp????

oscarsupra

Dec 23, 2006
El Salvador, Central America
I need to know wath parts I need to get 400rwph.

Tell me your options.

Can I get this whit the Lexus AFM,550cc injectors, FPR, fuel pump, Apexi SAFC, 3" Total exhaust from the turbo, Clutch kit for 500hp and MBC(Manual boost controller).

What do you think about the CT26 60-1 from turbonetics to get this power???:icon_razz

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Upgraded CT's and LexAFM combo's have made 400rwhp before but it is pushing the limits of that set-up.
If you have plans to go for more power later on, it might be an investment to just take the leap now to an aftermarket turbo.

I'd also look into a better boost controller. MBC's will get the job done, but are much harder to control/tune than an EBC. You'd also need an SAFC or something to tune with the 550's/LexAFM. MaftPro will do all this for you.

oscarsupra

Dec 23, 2006
In my country nobody knows about the Maft-Pro.

There arent tunners here if you see I live in El Salvador a little country in Central America.

Can I set The maft-pro by myself? is it difficult to use it and difficult to connect to car?????

There arent tunner shops here. Some people brings tunners from the USA but I dont have the money to do that. I need an easy way to set my car

oscarsupra

Dec 23, 2006
Doward said:
The MAFT-Pro is a piece of cake, in my opinion.

But everybody can use it. In your opinion.

Remenber you are an expert in this but a person whit necesary knowledge not a tunner can use this.

Doward is easy to install the maft-pro in the supra MKIII. I am purchasing the kit in suprasport.com

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
He's a turbo expert, not an electronics expert ;)

I haven't personally used one, but read alot about it, and used SAFC's...
I'd say, if you are a mechanically inclined person, are good with electronics, and have a good understanding of whats actually going on inside the engine, and what you are trying to accomplish, I'd say you can sit down with the manual and figure it out :)

Oh, and don't forget the wideband :)

Last edited:

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Jaguar_5 said:
He's a turbo expert, not an electronics expert ;)

I haven't personally used one, but read alot about it, and used SAFC's...
I'd say, if you are a mechanically inclined person, are good with electronics, and have a good understanding of whats actually going on inside the engine, and what you are trying to accomplish, I'd say you can sit down with the manual and figure it out :)

Oh, and don't forget the wideband :)

Then its not so easy :) how many people really know the basics of mechanics and electronics? I am pretty smart at figuring things out but i cant really say my friends and i are the same. But we all are mechanically inclined but if I recall correctly he called me at like 11pm asking for a hand in taking off his alternator off of his maxima. I am guilty of asking a question that seemed difficult to me but to someone else they could not belive "me" of all people were asking that question since i do all my mechanical work .... Not everyone is the same.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
But what you aren't taking into consideration, is the HUGE support you can get from SupraMania here.

Seriously, if you are willing to listen, I don't think there's anything you could possibly do to your car, that the folks here couldn't help you with!

I'm not the electronics expert here, but I am in school for ECE, so I know a little bit about electrical theory and such ;)

To the OP - if you can wire up and use an SAFC, then you can do the MAFT-Pro with no problems.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
oscarsupra said:
I need to know wath parts I need to get 400rwph.

Tell me your options.

Can I get this whit the Lexus AFM,550cc injectors, FPR, fuel pump, Apexi SAFC, 3" Total exhaust from the turbo, Clutch kit for 500hp and MBC(Manual boost controller).

What do you think about the CT26 60-1 from turbonetics to get this power???:icon_razz

Yes..If you dont have alot of money stick to the lexus/550 setup.

Cheers,
Roy

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Hey if u dont spend 800dllrs on a turbonetics ct26/60-1 talk to john at mdc tell him about the hy35 turbo with the 9cm exhaust housing or u can get a low mileage one off the 99 dodge cumings truck. That lil sucker is capable of 450rwhp 2800 rpm about 5lbs and around 3300 full boost 18-22 and its inexpensive, u can find them on ebay and the cummins forums for about 200dllrs. Im about to go with this turbo setup in about 3 more months i gotta do a mild rebuild on my motor...good luck

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
oscarsupra said:
<snip> MAFTPRO- I am purchasing the kit in suprasport.com

buy it from drjonez. he helped develop it, his service is top notch, and he knows it inside and out.

-shaeff

oscarsupra

Dec 23, 2006
Doward said:
But what you aren't taking into consideration, is the HUGE support you can get from SupraMania here.

Seriously, if you are willing to listen, I don't think there's anything you could possibly do to your car, that the folks here couldn't help you with!

I'm not the electronics expert here, but I am in school for ECE, so I know a little bit about electrical theory and such ;)

To the OP - if you can wire up and use an SAFC, then you can do the MAFT-Pro with no problems.

I am considering all because here I dont have people that knows a lot about it. If i cant use it nobody can help me. You have tunners in your countries. We dont. I told you only people whit a lot of money brings people of ohters countries(USA) and set their cars but I dont have the this possibility. I would have to do it by myself.

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
on my supra ive got a stock jdm bottem end with the head off my old motor and im making 300rwhp with 5psi and with hitting fuel cut at 4500rpm...im going maftpro and i think im gonna be running around 14psi so that should boost me up to somewere around 400...mods are listed in sig. Ill post the dyno sheet once she's all tuned up!