What did you want to be when you were a kid?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
For me - i desperately wanted to be a Pilot, but after the massive accident i had when i was 7 - the likelyhood was slim at best.

The closest i got, was being taken up by my Grandfather (a decorated WW2 Fighter Pilot, with over 50 confirmed kills from 1940 to 1945) in a two seat Mk15 Supermarine Spitfire trainer for an hour, at an airshow.

Of course, i was spurred on for my love of planes, by things like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAG11eworFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HLvz2c8SnQ

To a be a pilot back then....i think if i could travel through time, i'd sign up immediately for the RAF prior to the Battle of Britain, and take out some of those Bosch Bastards!

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
I think I wanted to be everything you could imagine when I was younger.. After a certain age I was very interested in anything that drove and wanted to be a mechanic of some sort. I bought a model of an engine and put it together, did many model cars and had a bunch of Hot Wheels when I was younger I am now a senior in highschool taking auto collision and planning on going to UTI in AZ next year for auto tech. So I kind of stuck to my plans..

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Family Court lawyer, doctor, physio, investment banker, then corporate lawyer.

Family Court Lawyer was so I could help my mum.

Then doctor because it really interested me. I worked at numerous surgeries/practices and decided they were overworked and underpaid.

Physio interested me, and I came first in my year 11 biology class - teacher was a complete fuckwit, and I told the school either she leaves or I do. (They didn't find a replacement) Because I didn't complete bio in year 12, couldn't do the physio degree.

Totally loved all my econ, business and law subjects, figured I should get paid to do something I enjoy and was good at, which is where the i-banking and corporate law came in.

Things didn't work out quite as I had planned, but I now work in financial planning and love it to pieces.

Am enrolling back at university next year to finish my business law studies, so will reassess my corporate law aspirations then :)

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Gundam Pilot, Boba Fett, Spiderman, WW2 F4U Corsair pilot, Batman, Ninja, Predator alien, G.I. Joe, and too many others to recall.

I still want to build a Gundam.