What did you do to your supra today? Pics

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
20150620_155501_zpsnqmx9qad.jpg
Replaced my badge today by pealing the old badge off carefully with a knife and epoxied the replacement back on the car

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
structsblown.jpg
think my bump stops are original? getting ready to put konis in but not sure what springs yet. Tanabe or Eibach, might stick with stock and rock the 4x4 look.

Lippard31

Apr 14, 2015
Hickory nc
well yesterday went to a cars and coffee and got some att.. not a lot around this are.. mine was the only mk3 and there was 2 mk4 there.. last night took the targa out and me the wife and two sons went out to ride around.. the kids love the car including my daughter..

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Not anything crazy but someone was selling these on a facebook mk3 supra page so I picked one up since the hole where my wiper use to be was covered by a sticker for the last I think 3 years lol

p2051941_1.jpg

p2051941_2.jpg

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
BrandonW;2051941 said:
Not anything crazy but someone was selling these on a facebook mk3 supra page so I picked one up since the hole where my wiper use to be was covered by a sticker for the last I think 3 years lol

Cover looks very nice!

Just out of curiosity, why did you remove the rear wiper?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Should only be 2 reasons... weight (cuz racecar) or its broke, not replacement. (Of course there is just to shave the exterior a bit... but I believe in functionality... although I have never used mine.)

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Yeah it wasn't working and leaking through the seal, I originally intended on putting a new seal and motor in but decided to just take it off I also like how it looks without it, I rarely drive the car in the rain since I have a second vehicle

Plus if I decide to get another I can

(never looked into why it wasn't working could have been wiring or the water getting in that damaged the motor I still have it I should probably see if it even works or if im getting power to it lol)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Welp I finally found my power steering leak and it's the pressure hose hard line right where it runs next to the oil pan and judging from what I have found from searching it seems like a bitch to replace. Can I just remove the power steering belt and drive the car like that until I replace the hose?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;2052075 said:
Welp I finally found my power steering leak and it's the pressure hose hard line right where it runs next to the oil pan and judging from what I have found from searching it seems like a bitch to replace. Can I just remove the power steering belt and drive the car like that until I replace the hose?

Hard line? Like the metal part that the rubber hose slips over and a clamp holds together? Or are you talking about the high pressure line?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Silver MK3;2052095 said:
Hard line? Like the metal part that the rubber hose slips over and a clamp holds together? Or are you talking about the high pressure line?
The high pressure line, I saw it when I was under the car looking under the oil filter area and I saw power steering fluid coming from the hard line that runs down there and I followed that to the pressure hose.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
It's not that bad to replace. I did a write up on replacing it a while back when I did mine. It's even easier to replace if you go with the braided line from driftmotion I believe.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
yea the one I picked up from a friend had the driftmotion hose and I saw and subscribed your thread I found it when I was searching lol.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
It's really easy to replace. It'll make life a lot easier if you remove the steering rack bracket on the passenger side to give the line some room when you pull it through the back towards the turbo. Took me 15 mins to replace mine. The first time I did it on my 87 NA in 07 it took me 2 hours LOL, don't ask me why but it was also my first car and it was the first thing I had to fix on the car.

Last edited:

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Installed my BC BR coilovers from the previous wrecked car to the current supra, full clean and vacumn the car on friday then did an oil change yesterday. She's purring quite nicely atm :)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
akito;2052140 said:
It's really easy to replace. It'll make life a lot easy if you remove the steering rack bracket on the passenger side to give the line some room when you pull it through the back towards the turbo. Took me 15 mins to place mine. The first time I did it on my 87 NA in 07 it took me 2 hours LOL, don't ask me why but it was also my first car and it was the first thing I had to fix on the car.
thanks for the tip