What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Took me 5 hours to install I had to hunt down an extra 90 degree coupler and my mind was fucked about the top bracket that it came with but figured out it was for a pre 89. I made a little bracket to help support the bottom gotta figure out a way to make a top bracket would be easier if Toyota didn't decide to completely turn the center vertical bracket. Finally got this Spearco intercooler installed and noticed I was boosting at 10 psi lol.
10624891_10202809952232061_2315207694286178236_n.jpg

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Nice. I'll be swapping my ebay EMUSA Delta Fin for a genuine Greddy Tube and Fin this week. Anxious to see the difference when pushing high boost.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
1James;2020974 said:
Nice. You upgraded from the DM spearco replica, right? Better performance?
No I had the stock intercoler lol this is a real Spearco intercooler but the brackets were made for a pre-89 I was able to still use the bottom bracket but not the top bracket. I added support to the bottom until I can figure out how to make a bracket for the top. I haven't dyno'd it yet but from feel it does feel a bit quicker or the turbo spools a bit slower but comes on harder.

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
Haven't dropped by in a while so I apologize. But while I was gone I was kept busy and learned quite a lot. I finally tore out the old dying heart in the beast and gave it new life in the form of a nice healthy 1jz :biglaugh:. Though not without faults over the 3 months it took (Beginning of June to August 25th). Once the new engine was in and started (first crank :naughty:) it was quick to let me know that the stock CT12a turbos were f***ed. I sent them out and got news that the seals and shafts had taken damage. It wasnt cost effective to rebuild the stock twins and sooner or later a single turbo set-up was inevitable at some point along owning this engine, so I leaped a year in advanced and started rounding up parts for the big single. Now, just under 3 months from installing the engine I had everything ready. After having done all the work myself, mostly, I sent her out for some exhaust and intercooler piping fabrication! Now voila, Ive driven about 100 or so miles the past week and a half Ive had her back and Ive never been happier. Note this is my first turbo car having come off a 7mge. Some details on the swap: Stock engine/ecu from JDM Engine Depot in NJ, A/c deleted, kept my w58 tranny (for now), Tweaked Performance harness, DriftMotion 57trim Billet turbo/turbo kit aswell as various parts for the actual swap. Happy to have a running, and quick, car! And proud to have been able to do it all myself.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
Turbo-@;2021362 said:
U bringing her back with u to the states?

I'm here in japan for another year and a half but after that the soarers gonna follow me to my next assignment, be it state side or another over seas base

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
jdmfreak;2021476 said:
upyjy8a7.jpg

Well...... What is the upper bumper nose piece called? I need to find one

Ouch, what happened?

I think it is called the header panel, or upper bumper nose piece. Haha, I'm sure they will know what you are talking about.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
finally installed my fuel lab afpr. i'll be fixing my exhaust later tonight, after it cools down.
i'll actua;;y take pics this time. :)