What did you do to your supra today? Pics

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Flipped a guy off driving a rental truck that pulled into my lane. With traffic on my right, I had to slam on the brakes and lean on the horn. Boosted around him and ya know what I learned? Its a lot easier and a lot more noticeable to flip someone off when the targa is out. They probably just laughed at me, like I had a chance with a big box truck. Must've been mustang owners :: angry ::

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I never flip off drivers, not do I react to idiocy on the road any longer. I find that my brain switches to lethal mode if I allow it and I don't watch out for others. Had some scary things happen that way. All I do now is shake my head and look at the bigger picture... I go long for blocking the idiot in and them controlling him until I get an apology... Safely... But annoying as I can get.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Grandavi;2012920 said:
What's best RPM for fuel economy... That was at 2850 rpm...

im driving ~100km/h (62mph) and i can do 9L/100km infact once i did ~140km/h for 30mins and calculated that on 100km i'd use less fuel than driving slower. its kinda like car uses the same amount of fuel but since you move faster you can do same mileage in shorter time... soooo... :D i know it wont work the same on WOT but did work on little speed increase maybe im wrong haha. oh i have auto and was 2200rpm when doing 100km/h and 2000rpm when 90km/h oh and my speedo shows 10km/h more :p
supra-speedoo.png

yhatzee89;2012965 said:
What would be the best way to polish the lip and face of those rims?

lip - simply - mount on car with engine running in first or second gear so rims are spinning. if u have diff lift rear end up, if open diff do just one side. youtube is full of info how to do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxxG4A4OgHI

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Big difference in RPM... I think if I do 100 kph I am doing 2500 rpm in fifth gear.

My 10.5 l/100 km was rated over a 5 hour drive where I did a couple of runs at 160 kph to pass rows of dummies who didn't understand the speed limit. The only near accidents I witnessed were slow vehicles.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
A-to-the-J;2012912 said:
Not today. But since my car got pushed back a week... I decided to do some things... Found a new heater valve.. Replaced my fan clutch.. Got the right hub centric rings and this...

age8aget.jpg

Bumper is still temporary ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk 4

Are those painted or yellow bulbs?

Grandavi;2012920 said:
Drive on highway at 110 kph for 5 hours. 10.5 l/100 km (22 mpg)..
Not sure if I should consider this good... Lol

What's best RPM for fuel economy... That was at 2850 rpm...

Dropped my car off for alignment... Shakes at 100-130 kph. (60-75 mph)
Could be wheel balance... Not sure, but it hasn't been aligned since I put the HSD coilovers on.

I would think you would do better. 110kph is almost 70 mph. In my N/A cruising at about 73 or so with the A/C on I had 24.7 mpg and the car runs somewhere around 3300 rpms due to the 4.30 gears. This was over a 500 mile round trip.

yhatzee89;2012965 said:
What would be the best way to polish the lip and face of those rims? I spent like 20min last night with a powerball and a tub of mothers metal polish and it didn't do much :/

You could probably do something with some very fine sand paper and then finish it with a polish.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
did a compression check on my motor..............not good..... 110, 100, 30, 110, 110, 90. looks liek it's broke. :(
i also looked down the holes with a boroscope.... 3 of the pistons are noticeably cleaner than the other 3. this might be a result of the way the car was running. seems like there might be something wrong with the injector drivers in the aem. as stated before, even with the duty cycle cranked way up..... it was lean at 5k.

needless to say, i'm looking for a running 7m to put in while i rebuild another motor.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Threw on the starions on one side since I sold my old rims and only have two jack stands
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Stick out a bit up front, I guess it's time to get the fenders pulled
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also tried to polish the other two rims a little today, figured out to use aircraft stripper first to take off the clear coat, here is the results so far
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Ordered my BC coilovers with swift springs, excited. Next Beech Performance arms with bushings. Removing the TEMS modules on the shocks won't affect anything right and no warning lights will come on?

Last edited:

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Silver MK3;2013052 said:
I would think you would do better. 110kph is almost 70 mph. In my N/A cruising at about 73 or so with the A/C on I had 24.7 mpg and the car runs somewhere around 3300 rpms due to the 4.30 gears. This was over a 500 mile round trip.

I think the lower fuel economy may be due to my wheel alignment being out of whack and my front wheels out of round. I had a fair front end shake all the way home.
(took it in for wheel alignment, but the whole front end is seized so they cant do it. Need to gather parts... )

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
yhatzee89;2013084 said:
Threw on the starions on one side since I sold my old rims and only have two jack stands
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Stick out a bit up front, I guess it's time to get the fenders pulled
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also tried to polish the other two rims a little today, figured out to use aircraft stripper first to take off the clear coat, here is the results so far
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Nice work on the cleaning!

Can you actually pull the fender far enough? :)

Melee_Falcon

Dec 3, 2013
Southern California
Doat;2013093 said:
Ordered my BC coilovers with swift springs, excited. Next Beech Performance arms with bushings. Removing the TEMS modules on the shocks won't affect anything right and no warning lights will come on?

I've removed my actuators when I put in my coilovers and nothing happened, but then again, I never had shocks that were compatible with them. There aren't any check engine light codes associated with the TEMS. The light for the TEMS on the dashboard will still have the lights on though.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
You'd be fine, the computer is actually in the back passenger rear next to the antenna. With the computer in it'll register G force and the light still changes when you turn. Doesn't really affect the car at all.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Got some new prototype coilovers installed yesterday. Pictures and review to come later. However. These are a lot smoother than the Tein's I had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk 4

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Grandavi;2013116 said:
Nice work on the cleaning!

Can you actually pull the fender far enough? :)

Thanks, it's taking a while and is a royal pain, but it's should look good when I'm done

I don't know yet, I'm hoping so.

Anybody else here managed to pull it off?