What did you do to your supra today? Pics

1James

Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Bay Area, CA
3p141592654;1999240 said:
Air bag hooked up?
Unfortunately, no. I have the proper slip ring/"spiral cable" assembly for the new wheel, but upon removal of the bus wheel, and much to my dismay, there was no existing airbag wiring at all. It appears that the PO has disabled the airbag system as well as the ABS in this car.

Nice TRD full size knob, Steve!

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Thanks, this year is going to be a little experiment- I have the TRD, Scion TC, and a custom stainless knob. I'm going to try them all to see if there's any real benefit to having a heavy shift knob for racing. The TRD is lightest, the Scion one is a little heavier, and the stainless one is a full 1lb 1oz. Nothing scientific, just looking to see if any knob brings anything special to the table. Main thing was getting the shifter in a nice, comfortable position as stock is too far away in 3rd and 5th gear to be comfy.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
toyotanos;1999277 said:
Thanks, this year is going to be a little experiment- I have the TRD, Scion TC, and a custom stainless knob. I'm going to try them all to see if there's any real benefit to having a heavy shift knob for racing. The TRD is lightest, the Scion one is a little heavier, and the stainless one is a full 1lb 1oz. Nothing scientific, just looking to see if any knob brings anything special to the table. Main thing was getting the shifter in a nice, comfortable position as stock is too far away in 3rd and 5th gear to be comfy.

Do you have the weight of the TRD one? I have one as well, and when I installed it I noticed it was slightly heavier than the stock one but not much.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Have you thought about angling it Steve? Like instead of | it'd be a /. That's how I have my MGW in my GT for the same reason. I have to have the seat all the way back to keep my knees out of the dash board and I'm not sure its humanly possible to reach 5th normally like that. Lol

PhxBlue

Feb 9, 2014
Arizona
Today I install a new thermo time switch. Hopefully that will FINALLY zap my hard starting trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
A-to-the-J;1999281 said:
Today, I contemplated bringing back the Panda. Actually been thinking about it. But more so on how to get the exterior parts I want for it.

I've always really dug your sig pic of the panda man. I support it.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Quin;1999280 said:
Have you thought about angling it Steve? Like instead of | it'd be a /. That's how I have my MGW in my GT for the same reason. I have to have the seat all the way back to keep my knees out of the dash board and I'm not sure its humanly possible to reach 5th normally like that. Lol

I've got it angled as much as I can to the left, to the point where it's nearly touching the E-brake handle in the 1-2 gate's throw range. Since I put my car into gear with the parking brake on sometimes, I figured I didn't want to smack my hand on the handle every time I do going to 1st. Once the snow clears out I'll find out whether it worked or not, I've got the press so I can form it however it needs to get it perfect!

Funny thing is the shifter feels significantly different with each shift knob, as they all have slightly different grips so that'll be even more fun to find my favorite. Would have never thought the little differences would make the feel so different!

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
It really is pretty crazy. The slightest change can make a huge difference. Took me a LONG time to get my MGW perfect.

Picking up my new short block tomorrow. I got offered a killer deal on a Terminator so I think the Supra will be up for sale in the next two weeks (assuming I don't find any more major surprises).

Gmelo30

Aug 7, 2012
Wappingers Falls, NY
Checked my plugs today, while replacing the spark plug wires with NGK blue wires. Since I was working on it, I ripped out the gallery cover and placed oil drain plug gaskets on the bolts to stop the slight oil leak I had.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Well, either this new tps is bad.. orrrrrr I can't set them up properly. 20 minutes before work, lets go! Throttle body removal! Haha

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Well, for those of you who need a new TPS (I THOUGHT I did..) rock auto is not the place to buy them. Atleast the one I got. It looks right, it seems right (does everything it's supposed to) BUT! it just will not get into spec. It's impossible to balance VC and E2 while also holding an acceptable E2 and IDL measurement. For example, I set it up using the E2 and IDL contacts, how I always do, and was fighting everything, ran like poop. Decided to check e2 to vca and it goes open on WOT. Get it so it doesn't go open on WOT and E2 and idl are way out of spec.

Just a forewarning lol

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Might have to go get one. The one from Rockauto was $70. I'll just see how my old one calibrates.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i had to bump start my car again. :( my reman starter is acting up. it starts fine when warm out, but just clicks if it gets cold out.
anyone ever hear of that? lol