What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
jzamerican;1955581 said:
after spending 5 hours shampooing my interior i made my own brackets for my seat

These go in the back seat, its a lot safer for the baby...
Cosco-Juvenile-High-Back-Windmill-Booster-Car-Seat.jpg

Shane

Turbo? No thanks!
May 19, 2013
Oregon
theGOODWIN2012;1955554 said:
You literally just saved me so much blood, sweat, and tears. Mainly tears.

Haha, glad I could help! They can get stuck back there but, wiggle them around and swear at them a bit, they'll come out again.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Finished removing the turbocharger from my car before work this morning. That oil pipe...OMG at the location of that oil pipe...

NA Supra owners are sooooooo lucky :p

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
The oil pipe isn't so bad if you remove the lower IC pipe, the downpipe and the turbo elbow.

There are some things that I swear I can hear the sound of some Japanese engineer laughing at me all the way from the other side of the Pacific ocean.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
loc182;1955813 said:
Finished removing the turbocharger from my car before work this morning. That oil pipe...OMG at the location of that oil pipe...

NA Supra owners are sooooooo lucky :p

Ive never had issues with the oil feed or return, hardlines or softlines. :shrug:

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Removing my turbo and reinstalling it was the worst part of replacing my head gasket hands down lol, that banjo bolt with 2 copper washes on both sides of it while trying to blindly screw it into the block without dropping the washers and hold the turbo is the worst thing I've experienced with my MK3. Cannot wait to turbo my 2jzge and make every hose into an SS line with AN fittings.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Doat;1955845 said:
Removing my turbo and reinstalling it was the worst part of replacing my head gasket hands down lol, that banjo bolt with 2 copper washes on both sides of it while trying to blindly screw it into the block without dropping the washers and hold the turbo is the worst thing I've experienced with my MK3. Cannot wait to turbo my 2jzge and make every hose into an SS line with AN fittings.

Rookie
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-ct26oilsoftlinekit.php

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Doat;1955845 said:

Put the turbo on the studs and screw a nut on. Put a washer on the banjo bolt and put it through the oil feed and pull the oil feed a little off the block and put the washer on the other side. Screw banjo bolt in. Bolt oil drain onto block. Why is that hard?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Backlash2032;1955869 said:
Put the turbo on the studs and screw a nut on. Put a washer on the banjo bolt and put it through the oil feed and pull the oil feed a little off the block and put the washer on the other side. Screw banjo bolt in. Bolt oil drain onto block. Why is that hard?

Because I was a noob but I figured out how to make my life easier with the big ass factory turbo.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
agreed...it wasnt uber easy to reinstall mine but it wasnt frustrating enough to spend 150+ for a soft line kit just because of it. fuck that shit.

just about done prepping my lower front bumper tonight. i got it in primer last night and wet sanded down till all the old rock chips went flat. then i had about 5 tiny plastic scratches that needed some glaze repair and 2 scrapes i had to flatten and fill. overall no complaints, its going along smoothly.
heres the pics of what it looked like and where im at as of now...more to come after assembly. looks like it had a stroke on the left fog/grill and the right front upper. this bumper has never been right since i got the car. i got these pearl white bumpers from the guy that sold me my built short block...he kinda shrugged em off as being garbage but theyre night and day compared to my old shit.

what i found under it all...

i also found about 70% of my intercooler fins had been folded over and omg if this wasnt a boost leak idk what is...it looks/feels like the bottom of a lawn mower

this is the back of it...not horrible but not good.

heres the worst of the front and how it started looking after some cramped up fingers

scuffed off all the rust and said fuck the core support being white. (btw, yes its been hacked up to fit my lazyeye style projector conversion)

got in there and sprayed the horns, condenser+lines etc..

heres the finished upper bumper

and a shot of the rest of my fucking mess. you can see the pearl bumper vs the white and my r154 bits waiting to be cleaned up...also a pair of toyo solara leather seats i plan to swap in later on.

this is after priming and wetsanding the lower bumper. all the specks are where the rock chips used to be...i did scuff a little further after these pics to make it more uniform.

ill clean my bondo and shoot more primer tomorrow afternoon and hopefully i get it colored and cleared on thurs.

edit: fyi, i started the bumper project because i was on a stand still with my r154 build...then ofcourse yesterday afternoon i get a call from toyo saying my parts arrived and will be shipped same day...coming from houston i expect them here today but more than likely tomorrow. so im hustling to get the bumper project wrapped up and let the trans madness continue.

once all thats done and the car is on the ground i have a remote start/alarm to install...fuck im getting tired, lol.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Dan_Gyoba;1955838 said:
There are some things that I swear I can hear the sound of some Japanese engineer laughing at me all the way from the other side of the Pacific ocean.

I agree with this completely!

At the end of it all it wasn't too bad, just frustrating to have to reach into a tight blind area and guide a socket there. (I didn't mind the banjo, that was placed in an ok spot.)

Taking off the downpipe probably would have helped as suggested. I was following the TSRM, and then Bishop's advice got me the rest of the way.

I count my blessings that the block side was covered with oil from years of leaking valve cover gaskets and those nuts came off smoothly. Tried to get the pipe off the turbo and one nut will not budge. Even after a night of PB Blaster soaking it will not move :(

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
fml...in a good way i guess...my trans parts came in today.

now i gotta wrap up the rest of the bumper (waiting for primer to set up so i can scuff and shoot some color/clear. then tonight at work ill press everything back on the main shaft and start solving the rest of the massive puzzle. if the paint is hard enough this time tomorrow ill have bumpers installed and have a bud swing by after work to stab the trans if all goes well.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
rofl, I love how you are like really annoyed with your MK3 but you still do the work and love the car it's like I fucking hate you bitch but I love you.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Doat;1955280 said:
Changed my trunk seal it was a bitch to keep it all in place I had to put some 3m adhesive and let it dry enough for each side and asked my dad to help hold the top right corner while I put the other side in place and let the adhesive dry enough to close the hatch. Hopefully the hatch pushed it in place to let the adhesive cure properly. Hopefully this will also fix my leak and hatch squeak. I am debating on replacing my tail light gaskets too but it's too damn hot outside, damn Texas summers.

EDIT: Just remembered I could go in the car and check if the seal was sitting right lol and it is WOOO

this puzzles me. I did the trunk seal in about 5 minutes.. no adhesive.. it just pressed into place. It is built to hold itself on from what I can see without any adhesive whatsoever. (unless you weren't using a new one and it was worn...) I just started in the top centre and pressed it on ... no battles at all.

did I do it wrong or was something different with yours? lol.