What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
I finally got it off of jack stands. I am letting the springs settle and will then readjust height as needed. Wow after seeing the pic i really need to clean my garage!

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Doat;1950263 said:
quick question about mounting a 2jz on an engine stand, will the stock 7m head bolts fit? I've read somewhere that they would work possibly with washers but I need a definite answer.
A local guy here has 4 of my stock head bolts, with which he mounted a 2JZ to a stand, so yes. They work, but of course the length needed depends on the stand.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
My Clutch Start Switch went bad, so I ordered a new one from Toyota (only 8 left in the country) $62. When I went to remove the old switch, it is seriously big time frozen in there, so I jumped the wire and taped it up and now have a good switch I don't need :( Oh well, live and learn.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Cleaned out and vacuumed my interior. Was getting tired of driving around a toolbox/parts carrier. Now all I have in there is jumper cables, my wrench set, and a screw driver. Now I just need to clean the carpets real good and it'll look almost brand new

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Dan_Gyoba;1950289 said:
A local guy here has 4 of my stock head bolts, with which he mounted a 2JZ to a stand, so yes. They work, but of course the length needed depends on the stand.
Yea I've read I might need washers too, thanks for the confirmation bud.

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
im to lazy to document my build thread. But I pulled the engine of my supra the other day after it developed a knock. So today, i tore down the engine. I had a TON of metal shavings in the oil pan. I'm scrapping the turbo, the header, the power steering, and a few other things. Upgrading to a 63 Presicion, and a t4 manifold, and ill have to buy a V band elbow to attach to my downpipe. I bought an alternator relocation bracket today as well so when i do eventually have the money to hack up my intake manifold, that part of it is already done.
WIth a bigger turbo, i should have the 550's and the 255 walbro right? then a wideband and SAFC to dial it in?
Is a AFPR needed at this point to or can i upgrade to that in the near future? Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Shane

Turbo? No thanks!
May 19, 2013
Oregon
Did some burnies, she seems to like that. This weekend I want to try and get the stick springs back in. The ones I'm running are stiffer than anticipated and refusing to seat correctly.

MadRPM

Nov 9, 2012
Tampa
Pulled the cracked dash to replace it with good one that needs a bit love. Nothing a bit of fiberglass won't fix.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
We made up a heat shield to try and diffuse some of the heat away from the ECU in the engine bay, and I now have the turbo blanket on. Hopefully this will keep the ECU from getting too hot.

On another note, in our rush to get this up and going we forgot we left the old valve cover gaskets on during mockup. When we tightened everything up to specs we forgot to pull the covers back off and put on the new gaskets, hence why I was leaking oil. We pulled off the covers, pried out the old gasket, and resealed it up good and firm, and I'll check the bolts later this week to be doubly sure.

Thirdly, the fan thermostat was an easy fix, it just took a little time to figure out what was happening. We had it wired in correctly and it should have cut on everytime it hit operating temp, but for some reason it wouldn't. We had a dongle wire on the fuse we could pull and put back on to manually control the fans, but for awhile we were stumped, until we looked at other setups.

A lot of times, those people using electric fans are also using a metal top hose or drilling into the rad for the fan therm. Our setup had a metal hose inbetween two silicon hoses, and only one wire coming from the relay.

The sonovabitch wasn't grounded.

So, we ran a wire from the plug to the fam mount bracket holding the assembly to the radiator. Problem solved!

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
Got a few new parts.

p1950501_1.jpg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Austin2048;1950523 said:
I think I found where I'm losing coolant... in the combustion chamber :(

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
I miss my BHG oddly enough, that summer was probably the best summer I've had sadly it was just so nice and relaxing working on a motor til 3-4am all by yourself with music.