D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Talking about your Soup? Lemme fix that
Drake69;1949280 said:
I have a SUPRA.

I have a working SUPRA.

I have a FUCKING WORKING SUPRA NOW!!!!!

I have a FUCKING WORKING SUPRA IN MY DRIVEWAY, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

About DAMN TIME!!!

One does not simply call their Supra a "Car" :naughty:

57trimMKIII

Texas Supras' Slowest
Jul 14, 2010
DFW, TX
Austin2048;1949311 said:
Damn thing woke me up at 6:40 am cause the stock alarm goes off when ever the fuck it feels like it... not the first time its happened. I'd like to rip the fucking alarm out and be done with it... though this is the first time its gone off on its own in dry weather. It goes off just about every time it rains. I never lock my doors either so I don't know why it should ever go off. The security light never even comes on during the few times I actually locked the doors..

That doesn't sound like something a factory alarm would do.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
supraguy@aol;1949318 said:
So...Disable it.
Just bridge the two wires together at the hood latch, and it can never arm.

I read about that. It makes the system think there's always a door open, right? I don't know if that would solve my issue cause the alarm has gone off a few times while my door or hood was open. And it didn't go off right as I opened it. Its gone off when they've been open for awhile. But Ill still try that

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
I remember one time I was out and got a call that my headlights started flipping up and down as if the alarm was going off but the lights weren't going on and off just the flip ups

it only happened once I don't know why but I assumed it had something to do with the factory alarm lol

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Zrain25;1949286 said:
Ya I'm Only 18 so this car is older then me.. Most kids my age don't know what my car is at all. But when ever I get compliments it's either Motörheads or older guys lol they always say mannnn I remember when I use to have one of these or my buddy use to have one hahaha one guy asked me if it was still fast...

Sometimes I like not getting alot of attention either keeps me under the radar a little. I still get lots of attention but only from people who know what a great car these are

Its the same exact thing with me. Everyone my age tells my its the "bad" kind of Supra, but the older guys are the ones who really appreciate them.

Shane

Turbo? No thanks!
May 19, 2013
Oregon
I'm 26 and I won't own anything newer than '95 unless its Toyota Mazda or Nissan. Us and eu build qualities go to shit shortly after '94.

Among my friends the MKIII is a classic and iconic car. I know lots of older guys too who love mine and always tell stories about theirs or someone they knew that had one.

Sometimes I get discouraged because mine is in rough shape but then I take it on a drive and get inspired again. It's the only car that has done that for me other than my old 740 Volvo.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Shane;1949376 said:
I'm 26 and I won't own anything newer than '95 unless its Toyota Mazda or Nissan. Us and eu build qualities go to shit shortly after '94.

Among my friends the MKIII is a classic and iconic car. I know lots of older guys too who love mine and always tell stories about theirs or someone they knew that had one.

Sometimes I get discouraged because mine is in rough shape but then I take it on a drive and get inspired again. It's the only car that has done that for me other than my old 740 Volvo.

That's not always the case. My 500 dollar 2000 mercury sable was the most reliable car I've ever owned at 166k miles. After I did a tune up, brakes, and a wheel bearing I was about to take it from Appleton to Philadelphia. It was in a front end collision when I bought it and I had the hood held down by a ratchet strap

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
16260180_large.jpg

built in anticipation of "true duals" after my ct-15's die.... 3" -> 2.5"(X2) -> apexi N1

I'm not entirely happy with the magnaflo SS cat and Y-pipe, but as stated above, front section may last 2-3 years? (hopefully the 72K CT-15's have some life in them)

gettting hangers tuesday.... and that muffler fits inside the bumper in stock location/angles...

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Drake69;1949280 said:
I have a car.

I have a working car.

I have a FUCKING WORKING CAR NOW!!!!!

I have a FUCKING WORKING CAR IN MY DRIVEWAY, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

About DAMN TIME!!!

Okay. Some things left to do.

1: Power steering makes noise due to an air bubble somewhere in the system. Still looking for a way to bleed that out.
2: Temp gauge, oil gauge, and stock RPM gauge not working. Suspect a ground wire did not get connected (was probably missing from the new ECU) as everything has been traced out correctly. Will run a new ground wire from the harness to a good ground point inside the dash to fix that. Removed Apexi RPM elec gauge because it was redundant (SAFC shows RPMs fine).

(NOTE: Stock RPM gauge has already been replaced with the SAFC and Zeitronix units in its place on the dash, but want the temp and oil gauges working like they're supposed to anyway.)

3: Can't run the turbo harder than 1lb or more until after 500mi. This will break it in good and proper. As a result, she only has a baseline tune on her now, still need to do a real good tune once I can go harder on the boost.
4: Inspecion sticker expired 08/2012. Oops.
5: Replace the fan thermostat from the electric setup because it isn't cutting them on when it heats up. Also using a "dongle" wire to cut the fans on/off as needed, so it will need to be wired up to an ignition source later.
6: NO A/C YET. Needs a few things to get that back (lines, fittings, etc...).
7: Turbo blanket to go on after 500mi. to allow for residue to properly burn off turbo.
8: Under hood cleanup.
9: Swap out master cylinder gaskets and booster gasket to stop slow leak at booster.

More costly endeavours left to do...

1: 18" wheels and tires.
2: BBK kit.
3: Paint job.
4: Refresh interior (i.e. - REMOVE THE BURGUNDY PROJECT).
5: Harness race seats, 5-point harnesses, harness bar.
6: 550cc injectors and top-feeding rail.

As she sits now: 100% driveable, will need to keep off of boost for 500mi. but she purrs like a panther. Gets on the skinny pedal FAST, BOOSTS FAST, so granny driving for awhile before we get her on the dyno and tune her proper.

Awesome.

THIS!!!!! Managed to also got mine running this weekend. Bought it, swapped everything from my old 89 to it because of rust :( my poor baby (sig)
Couldn't manage to get the CEL on so ECU doesn't have power. It was the fuse in the driver side panel being lose. Once got that all working I happened to find out that my gas tank was rusted and the FP died.
Thanks to Marshall "myfst89turbo" for the clean tank and "dirgle" and "3p141592654" help with getting power to the ECU I was able to bolt everything up Saturday and fired her up.

She's up and running. After not having my blue supra for a year I finally have a running supra. Of course there's a lot of things that needed to be looked at but they're minor things and she should be road worthy the end of this week ( hopefully).

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i really like the color. the car has 97k miles and is very clean. the original paint only has a few dull spots. the engine sounds great, and mine is shot.
i plan on keeping my turbo, exhaust, i/c setup. also, my 550's, lex, boost controller, turbo timer. i'd be getting his car with the hks turbo kit and wheels, which i planned on selling. it's a tough decision.