What did you do to your supra today? Pics

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
OneJArpus;1929272 said:
why not on the hard plastic came out good. doesnt look like how his came out, i used dawn to clean it up with a ruff pad and then followed up with asetone which cleaned it up even more and i did that til the cloth didnt pull up any crap and the used the adhesive promoter 2 light coats and then 3 light coats of paint came out as picture which is pretty good.

Yeah but the duplicolor is gonna end up scraping off.
Read ---> http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ration-quot-Can-t-hear-shit-quot-*Pics*/page1

I also started a color conversion in my truck and the duplicolor just isn't as good, and it would make me sad to see your car looking so great on the outside, but have the paint srcraped off inside :(
Go with the colorbond, you will be much happier me thinks, But it's your car

Doat;1929232 said:
That is why mine doesn't close lol the latch doesn't hold it down.

Oh ok, yeah that's typical. In my last Supra I ended up just pulling the whole thing out cuz it didn't latch and then the spring broke. So I just pulled it out and made it that much deeper for my drink :)

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
Yes there is fitment issues, I cut the runners on the new manifold roughly in half then welded it straight to the lower runner firstly installing new bolts, studs are an option too but I went with bolts. Overall it's a nice manifold though, if you don't mind moddin stuff. I have another lower runner and can make another if anyone is interested, it'd cost about $500 with return of your lower runner

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
justin.daniels2;1929306 said:
Yes there is fitment issues, I cut the runners on the new manifold roughly in half then welded it straight to the lower runner firstly installing new bolts, studs are an option too but I went with bolts. Overall it's a nice manifold though, if you don't mind moddin stuff. I have another lower runner and can make another if anyone is interested, it'd cost about $500 with return of your lower runner

Couldn't you have just cut a section out of the lower runners and welded it back together? Or run a 4 runner booster?

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC...

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
Backlash- it was easier the way I did it w/o having to change booster or anything else and the ports on the runners of the plenum don't match the lower runners ports, after welding I re-ported the entire runner/plenum which isn't much to take off cuz the thickness isn't very much just any lips to catch air in manifold differences. Here's a few pics:
About 1.2" at the topside of the runner and 1.4 at the bottom (applicable to all runners) could have made it less but this is what I ended up with
image.jpg

About .15" gap from booster
image.jpg

.25"-.30" (varies due to curve of plenum) from proportioning valve
image.jpg

Currently using Camry throttle cable still about .75-1.00" too short. Q45 tps mounts to d.m. Throttle body (needs some modding), power steering fits just need to refab the feed adapter and I'm still figuring where to put res and lines to it. Mounts hks bov flange to intake pipe so it is positioned between rad fan shroud and pulley
image.jpg

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
yhatzee89;1929206 said:
I really liked having the -89 coin holder (works better as a cup holder lol) so I swapped over the lid and latch to it and now I just have to decide if I want to A) just use the med-grey console or B) cut out the bottom of the SG console. Im getting the console lid redone in black leather right now as well. What do you guys think?

I think what you really want is one on these lol
p1929382_1.jpg

I should really make some more of them..

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Today I checked spark plug condition and gap along with coil condition. Then I checked piping clamps then cleaned her up

uploadfromtaptalk1365374372373.jpg

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
yhatzee89;1929403 said:
I'll just be happy with the deeper coin holder, should I just cut the bottom out of my shadow grey console so it fits? Or use the med grey console?

If you cut the bottom out how are you going to secure it in place?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Same screw hole that held it down in the first place, thats why it has that little "tube" thing that the screw recesses into on the 89+ coin holder.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Was test fitting some other stuff and I think this is an improvement over what I had before
Before:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

No cutting required :)

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I always wondered how people were getting drinks to stay in the coin holder. Makes sense now, that extra half inch of depth makes all the difference.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
mkiiichip;1929414 said:
I always wondered how people were getting drinks to stay in the coin holder. Makes sense now, that extra half inch of depth makes all the difference.
That is what she said ;P

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
Today I manufactured my own resistor pack. About 5 hours of work and looks almost as good an a oem unit, needs to be cut down in height but overall I'm satisfied with it, especially with the cost of a new oem toyota unit.
image.jpg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
that does look like an OEM unit, nice work.

I wish we got the digital dash in LHD or it was easier to convert it to LHD. Every tutorial I find is not quite a straight conversion they usually mix in their own stuff like navigation or some other gauge read out.

Last edited: