What did you do to your supra today? Pics

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
Got home from work lastnight, could smell fuel as soon as i opened the car door! Anyway pulled her into the shop today and found a slight and i mean slight fuel leakage coming from the lower banjo fitting on the hard line to the fuel rail. Removed hard line, cleaned and replaced washers for the banjo fittings, fired her up, removed targa and went for a nice cruise. today is the first time in months ive actually gotten the chance to see that big bright thing in the sky, and furthermore the sky is apparently blue which seems weird normally its dark grey and pours water.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
carbon fiber timing cover

p1831080_1.jpg

slotted discs + upgrade to 300mm ma70 rotors(from ga 280mm and smaller calipers)

p1831080_2.jpg

p1831080_3.jpg

intima sr pads

p1831080_4.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
KicknAsphlt;1831002 said:
Diggin' the purple paint Brad -- custom paint job?

suprarx7nut;1831004 said:
Thanks guys! Believe it or not, it's actually blue. It's a Dupont single stage paint called "black sapphire metallic". Some angles/lights it appears purple, some sparkly blue, others (mostly night time) it looks quite black. I really dig it, even if it hasn't held up all that great.

Get what you pay for, I spent $1000 on it, didn't have to do any prep of my own. Not too worried though, I was a guinea pig for this type of paint, the guy who painted it wanted to see how well it would hold up to abuse (daily driving, rarely washing, etc...), and it's done alright except for the parts around the urethane bits like the nose piece, mud guards, a couple hard to reach places, etc. I think if one were to take their time, and maybe use two coats of it... this color would be absolutely gorgeous. :D

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
15732524_large.jpg

seam sealer...

rocker guard underside of floor....

^PPG Epoxy base white.... needs second coat after rocker guard (as seen in spare tire well)

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
I am working on my 1990 with the 7M-GTE right now... Bought it as a part car for my 91, but just couldn't part it out :) Tearing it down right now. Found out that the short block has a crack... I've found a NA block in Utah, having that shipped. $121 for shipping and $100 for the block. So that is my big project right now... Haha. I would post pictures... But I'm new to the site and for the life of me I can't find the damn attach button anywhere! If any of you have a stock 7M-GTE short block, hit me up. Thanks.

Think I found it...315964854615.jpg

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
#04;1831860 said:
seam sealer...

rocker guard underside of floor....

^PPG Epoxy base white.... needs second coat after rocker guard (as seen in spare tire well)
High five to you sir, plan on putting sound deadening back in, or is this a track build?

Numba1Stuna;1831898 said:
I am working on my 1990 with the 7M-GTE right now... Bought it as a part car for my 91, but just couldn't part it out :) Tearing it down right now. Found out that the short block has a crack... I've found a NA block in Utah, having that shipped. $121 for shipping and $100 for the block. So that is my big project right now... Haha. I would post pictures... But I'm new to the site and for the life of me I can't find the damn attach button anywhere!
Welcome aboard. Couple ways of attaching pictures, if you click the "go advanced button below the 'quick reply' box, you should be able to find it. Alternatively, you can put html tags of
url] picture's URL.com
in your post. Make sense? ;)

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Got it! Thanks man. Just found out that the outer part of the crankshaft that holds the harmonic balance pulley is damaged... Going to see if the machine shop can repair it, and if not found a new CS already for $125. Let's hope things don't get worse lol.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
aloshan;1831080 said:
carbon fiber timing cover

p1831929_1.jpg

slotted discs + upgrade to 300mm ma70 rotors(from ga 280mm and smaller calipers)

p1831929_2.jpg

p1831929_3.jpg

intima sr pads

p1831929_4.jpg

Sick carbon fiber cover. Looks great. Found one like it on eBay, as soon as I get mine running I'm getting one of those as well. I have a carbon fiber center console that I picked up off there for like $250. They got carbon fiber Targa Tops as well. SICK!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I cranked it today for the first time in about two months. I've only driven it once or twice since thanksgiving. I also gave it a bath. Looks like I have to give it a good buffing though. It's been parked outside for about three months under a tree and the soapy water wouldn't get it clean. I also found a vacuum leak and fixed that. Now it's running a bit rich. I'm charging up my laptop to do some tuning on it once the sun goes down. I may even drive it down the road and back just to see if it will still turn the tires over.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
te72;1831507 said:
Thanks guys! Believe it or not, it's actually blue. It's a Dupont single stage paint called "black sapphire metallic". Some angles/lights it appears purple, some sparkly blue, others (mostly night time) it looks quite black. I really dig it, even if it hasn't held up all that great.

Get what you pay for, I spent $1000 on it, didn't have to do any prep of my own. Not too worried though, I was a guinea pig for this type of paint, the guy who painted it wanted to see how well it would hold up to abuse (daily driving, rarely washing, etc...), and it's done alright except for the parts around the urethane bits like the nose piece, mud guards, a couple hard to reach places, etc. I think if one were to take their time, and maybe use two coats of it... this color would be absolutely gorgeous. :D

Ah -- IIRC, Dodge did a VERY similar color for the Vipers...was supposed to be really close to the 'Deep Amethyst' that they did for the dakotas too, but I never took the time to verify that.