What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Replaced my turbo oil pipe gasket, found out it was leaking because one stud was loose, so I put it back in the threads looked fine and tightened it a little bit with pliers then tightened the nut, test drove her around because that was the only issue until my thermostat cover blew off while I was driving. I only knew something was up because I saw steam on my side of the hood and nothing there would be steaming all of my issues have been on the turbo side lol, so I quickly went home didn't take me long since I was test driving it in my neighborhood and it doesn't seem like it overheated or for very long because everything sounds fine and no new smells or leaks. Anyway the cover blew off because the bottom bolt apparently was halfway broken and the pressure was the final blow so I put in a new bolt and re sealed it let it set for over an hour and started her up a few min ago and it was fine but the real test will be tomorrow. I really need a new thermostat housing and accordion hose lol.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Painted my window vents.
uploadfromtaptalk1348980602896.jpg

And sanded my headlight surrounds
uploadfromtaptalk1348980636295.jpg notice I sanded that seam out. Wouldve painted these too but ran out of primer thanks to my truck grill.

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
What dash kits do you guys recommend for our MK3s? I have a single din radio and I want to get a dash kit and harness adapter to install it. I would like a dash kit with a cubby hole underneath so I can put my phone and such in there. I have a pioneer DEH-3300UB head unit.

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
te72;1877899 said:
I have that same bumper, and was wondering how they would look. To me, the bumper almost seems too rounded to have such angular lights. Would love to see a picture of your finished product when it is posted. If nothing else, I'll use those spots for air ducting/coolers.

I typed a long response to this the other night, but don't know where it went. I basically said I'd post a picture, but have not had a chance because of work/rain. I hope the rain is gone tomorrow, and I will get it done. also, I had asked if you would describe the installation of your bumper, as I'm not completely happy with mine like it is.

If you don't see my picture soon, stay on me

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Doat;1878928 said:
What dash kits do you guys recommend for our MK3s? I have a single din radio and I want to get a dash kit and harness adapter to install it.
I walked in to the Toyota dealership, and bought a single DIN pocket for a '9x Corolla. Cost me all of $5.75 I put that under my single DIN stereo and haven't looked back.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Doat;1878698 said:
Replaced my turbo oil pipe gasket, found out it was leaking because one stud was loose, so I put it back in the threads looked fine and tightened it a little bit with pliers then tightened the nut, test drove her around because that was the only issue until my thermostat cover blew off while I was driving. I only knew something was up because I saw steam on my side of the hood and nothing there would be steaming all of my issues have been on the turbo side lol, so I quickly went home didn't take me long since I was test driving it in my neighborhood and it doesn't seem like it overheated or for very long because everything sounds fine and no new smells or leaks. Anyway the cover blew off because the bottom bolt apparently was halfway broken and the pressure was the final blow so I put in a new bolt and re sealed it let it set for over an hour and started her up a few min ago and it was fine but the real test will be tomorrow. I really need a new thermostat housing and accordion hose lol.
You sure are having fun trying to get your car back to 100% arent you?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Dan_Gyoba;1879121 said:
I walked in to the Toyota dealership, and bought a single DIN pocket for a '9x Corolla. Cost me all of $5.75 I put that under my single DIN stereo and haven't looked back.
Do you have the part number for it?
Orion ZyGarian;1879138 said:
You sure are having fun trying to get your car back to 100% arent you?
Yea no shit lol at least they are all small issues and the main issue is just age and my damn stupid thermostat housing I need to get a new/used one in good shape.

Quick question, do you guys know if the thermostat housing for all Mk3s are the same or are turbo versions different than N/As?

I relocated my Coolant resevoir to the other side of where it was, also relocated my oil cooler to behind the fog light and redid all my hose. Almost done with my DM IC install. Only thing left is to find a way to plug up the nipple on the acordian hose where the stock by pass valve was, tight up all the clamps, extend the wire that used to connect to the Coolant resevoir, and put everything back together and I will be done with the installation.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
CP .020 forged Pistons Are Here!!

p1879265_1.jpg

p1879265_2.jpg

p1879265_3.jpg

p1879265_4.jpg

p1879265_5.jpg

88SupraT

Boosting Supra
Apr 4, 2005
North Vancouver, B.C.
Took the orange lense for the turn signals out of the extra set of pre 89 taillight housings I have and painted them to see if I liked it. I think it turned out good:

IMG_0997.jpg

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Kinetik 600A battery with custom box integrated into the drivers quarter panel.... instead of a capacitor...

51pL74I2KnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg