What did you do to your supra today? Pics

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
milanored;2028711 said:
yes it is mk4 oh i see I'm in the wrong forum. sorry guys.
can one of the moderators push my post in the right forum?
I just assumed it was a front clip swap onto a mk3, you know shocks towers, engine, firewall, and all.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
sheedy126;2028761 said:
17d5b040e4b2c39b9f2ecd79ae245ca5.jpg
thanks for the reminder i need to get the studs on my exhaust manifold fixed before i test fit my turbo on it. I also have the joy of blocking off a external waste gate flange because my new turbo has a IWG

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I fucked myself in the ass by trying to hunt down my oil leak and ended up breaking the crank pulley bolt, don't know how the hell I managed to do that but I tried everything besides welding since I don't have access to welder especially at this hour. Friend of mine is going to trailer the car to his shop next week and get it out for me. Should have just left the oil leak alone and kept topping it off.
10622878_10203238923236068_375867098893645060_n.jpg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well the good thing about all of this is that it does not appear that the oil leak is from the main or oil drive seal since that area looked dry. It looked more like it was from the cam seals. Then again that is really annoying because I did all of this for nothing lol. I was so close to just saying fuck it and put my 2jz build into action.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
Did plugs and wires today and went over the soarer with a fine tooth comb. Keeping in mind the car only has 80k on it all i could find was a few cracked hoses, a tie rod with the slightist amount of play and some dirt lol

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Car is finally off to the shop to get the crank bolt out hopefully they don't have to pull the motor if so then I might just start my 2jz build.
10801856_10203251313705822_3717263504880550331_n.jpg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Finally got my headlights back in. I had to pull them out to secure the projectors a little better because they were getting knocked out of alignment. Hopefully this time they are good to go and will stay aligned. Here's a quick pic of the cutoff on the garage. Been thinking about making some sort of a build thread as well, even though I don't really have a build.

That picture looked a lot better on my phone...

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Silver MK3;2029170 said:
Finally got my headlights back in. I had to pull them out to secure the projectors a little better because they were getting knocked out of alignment. Hopefully this time they are good to go and will stay aligned. Here's a quick pic of the cutoff on the garage. Been thinking about making some sort of a build thread as well, even though I don't really have a build.

That picture looked a lot better on my phone...

And you complained to me about teasing?! lol.

More! And details if you would like to share.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have been thinking about going with HIDs and projector housings but I also saw the trucklite LEDs and they look great too plug and play as well.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
A-to-the-J;2029171 said:
And you complained to me about teasing?! lol.

More! And details if you would like to share.

Haha, sorry, didn't mean to tease. Basically they are generic H4 plastic housings, with Mini H1 6.0 projectors in them. All custom made, using various pieces from home depot/lowes/walmart etc to hold everything together because of our stupid sealed beam headlights. Here's a post I made in my thread I made on the headlights last year when I did them.

Silver MK3;1978134 said:
OK, sorry about never getting some pictures up of the final product. I have a bunch in this post.

My driver's side ballast still doesn't light on the first try. I should be getting new ballasts around the 10th of December when they get the redesigned ones in.

The only thing that I have noticed is that the high beam indicator does not come on any more, and when I have the fog lights on and turn on the high beams the high beams will not turn off until the fog lights are turned off. I assume this is because there are no actual headlights plugged into the car. If anyone knows how to get around this please let me know.

Here they are, there's a lot of them. (Sorry they aren't of the best quality) Sorry that the lenses are dirty, I drove the car in the rain the other day to make sure that the lights were water tight. The good thing is that they are water tight, I took three balloons on each side and cut the tops off and used them to make a sort of rubber cap on the back of each light. I do get a small amount of fogging in in the corners of the lights, but this doesn't bother me since they are pop up headlights.

Here they are in the car.

Here are a few pictures of the actual cutoff upclose. I think it looks really good.

Some pictures of the lights or looking at the car.

Trying to get a picture of the color flicker.

Some output pics looking at the garage. The lights arent crooked, it is the driveway and garage door.

High beam pattern

Looking at the back of a Honda Odyssey while waiting at a light that takes forever.

Here are a few from around the neighborhood. The pictures are in pairs, the top one is low beam with the bottom one in the pair being high beam.

The dot in the middle of the picture is a Lexus in someones driveway. In real life you can actually see the car with the low beams on was you come down the road. Just for a comparison even with my Hellas with the high beams on I could not see this Lexus.

In this set you can really see the house at the end of the road with the high beams on.

I think this set came out the best. If you look at the big tree you can really see the difference in the high beams.

This is definitely one of the best things I have done to the car. This gives the performance of a modern headlight combined with the aesthetics of pop up headlights.

If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to post them.

Here's the link to the full thread.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...e-Questions-on-Doing-HIDs-the-Right-Way/page7

If you've got any questions or comments feel free to post them. I think I got a few pictures of the headlights a few days ago during the day before I left to go to a carshow. I'll have to look and see if any came out any good.

Doat;2029173 said:
I have been thinking about going with HIDs and projector housings but I also saw the trucklite LEDs and they look great too plug and play as well.

Yeah if I had to do it again I would have to spend a lot of thought deciding on whether to go with projectors again or just go with the plug and play TruckLites. They are also a good option.

A-to-the-J

Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
How is the plastic on the housings holding up? Are they yellowing at all? I've been thinking about going this route with the same projectors, but more minimal like Nick used to have on his old MKIII.

BTW, when I get back home from out of town, I'll have a bunch of updates to post.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
A-to-the-J;2029297 said:
How is the plastic on the housings holding up? Are they yellowing at all? I've been thinking about going this route with the same projectors, but more minimal like Nick used to have on his old MKIII.

BTW, when I get back home from out of town, I'll have a bunch of updates to post.

So far so good. They look just like they did when I put them in a year ago. I think it's the sun that causes most of the damage to headlight plastic so it would make sense that our's don't get damaged like that since they are normally down when the sun is out.

What do you mean by more minimal?

I'm looking forward to seeing your updates, they're always good!

A-to-the-J

Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Silver MK3;2029309 said:
So far so good. They look just like they did when I put them in a year ago. I think it's the sun that causes most of the damage to headlight plastic so it would make sense that our's don't get damaged like that since they are normally down when the sun is out.

What do you mean by more minimal?

I'm looking forward to seeing your updates, they're always good!

NSX style. Very minimal "pop up". Something similar to Nick's old Supra. but maybe just a single Bi-xenon projector. Like the Morimoto Mini H1. Don't get me wrong, I love how our cars look when the headlights are on and popped up, but I know we can get better light output other ways.

Greddy-Meet-Irvine-2010-IMG_6347-jza70-copy.jpg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
A-to-the-J;2029387 said:
NSX style. Very minimal "pop up". Something similar to Nick's old Supra. but maybe just a single Bi-xenon projector. Like the Morimoto Mini H1. Don't get me wrong, I love how our cars look when the headlights are on and popped up, but I know we can get better light output other ways.

Greddy-Meet-Irvine-2010-IMG_6347-jza70-copy.jpg

Ah ok. I know what you're talking about. I really like the way the headlights look on that Supra, Rodel has his lights like that right now too I think. I didn't want to get into cutting stuff and all the more intensive modification that goes along with doing lights like that though, that's why I did mine the way I did. It'd be really cool if you did yours like that.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
The guys got the crank bolt without damaging the crank WOOOO so excited to get my car back, going to give them the rest of the seals and belts that I forgot to give them, so they can put her back together tomorrow and pick her up.
10432950_10154873076225523_1325249459717371681_n.jpg

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Over the past week I:

Replaced this
sm_photo_missing.jpg

With this
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Went from a burnt up 3.73 to a working 3.91 with Ford LSD fluid and friction modifier
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Finally got to see my wheels in person
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also installed my Whiteline sway bar
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

(Has anybody else had a problem with them touching the brake lines?)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Then I attempted to do the Previa caliper swap but I couldn't get them bled properly, so I swapped back to my original calipers but with Goodrich SS lines and EBC RedStuff pads
(Before reverting back)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also painted the purple covers on the 1J wrinkle black
sm_photo_missing.jpg

(Before)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also placed my new gauges in the pillar pad, they still need to be wire up, but at least it isn't empty holes anymore
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Then drove it from MO to TX...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

...And arrived safely
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I also replaced the steering rack bushings with poly ones, installed steering rack spacers, new tie rod boots, and even attempted to install my Lipp traction arms (unsuccessfully). But I don't have pictures of these.