What did you do to your supra today? Pics

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Grandavi;2008648 said:
You should replace both the slave and the master. As mentioned above AISIN is OEM. I get mine from Rock Auto.
I actually rebuilt the slave with my dad when we first got the car, we replace the clutch, flywheel, rebuilt the slave and replace the master, but since then Ive had to replace the master 3 times. Might just say F it and replace both, Ill check out the prices at Rockauto thanks!

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
You shouldn't have gone through three of them in a year, you have another problem I would think. I have the autozone master and slave in my car, and they have been fine for the 3-4 years they have been installed. They probably aren't as durable as the Asin ones, but they shouldn't be going out like yours are. Like Grandavi said, it isn't required, but it is recommended to replace both at the same time.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
I figured as much, I've never had issues with autozone parts when it comes to semi small things except my alternator but that's another story. I'll replace both I don't mind paying more for better parts but if there is a deeper issue then I'd rather the part with warranty bust lol. Does your fresh fluid turn black after a couple of weeks? I've never had that happen before or have any clue what could cause that? Prob just gonna replace both and do a good ass flush time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I bought my clutch master and slave from DM and they are Asin units have not had any problems with them so far. I replaced the master first then later replaced the slave but if you are already doing the master then might as well do the slave so you don't have to bleed it again.

Last edited:

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
drogon;2008653 said:
I figured as much, I've never had issues with autozone parts when it comes to semi small things except my alternator but that's another story. I'll replace both I don't mind paying more for better parts but if there is a deeper issue then I'd rather the part with warranty bust lol. Does your fresh fluid turn black after a couple of weeks? I've never had that happen before or have any clue what could cause that? Prob just gonna replace both and do a good ass flush time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, my fluid doesn't stay clean for real long. I'm not sure why.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No, it shouldn't turn black at all. What fluid are you using?
Do you bleed it? It's about 70-80 for AISIN clutch master AND slave from Rock auto. If you do both it should have clear fluid for quite a long time. I
Wondering what you are doing that it would turn black...,

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;2008673 said:
Do you bleed it? It's about 70-80 for AISIN clutch master AND slave from Rock auto. If you do both it should have clear fluid for quite a long time. I

I have Valvoline synthetic in mine, I thought it was maybe the rubber hose degrading a little or maybe some dust from the clutch somehow getting in, or possibly the heat. It may be more than a few weeks, maybe a couple months, but it doesn't stay as clean for as long as my brake fluid.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Grandavi;2008673 said:
Im using toyota dot3 break fluid, Yes I bleed it, I only flushed it when the slave was rebuilt. I was thinking the same thing Silver Mk3 I might end up getting master, slave and SS clutch hose from driftmotion looking at $110 shipped.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Silver MK3;2008727 said:
I don't think so. When I replaced the master it came with a new cap.
Should replace the master (and slave) and then pump fluid through the hoses until it comes out clean. If it turns out black after that... Find the bugger who is putting due in your system at night...

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;2008798 said:
Should replace the master (and slave) and then pump fluid through the hoses until it comes out clean. If it turns out black after that... Find the bugger who is putting due in your system at night...

That's exactly what I did when I replaced mine a couple year back. I'll flush it again sometime soon and see if it stays clean for longer this time.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Silver MK3;2008803 said:
That's exactly what I did when I replaced mine a couple year back. I'll flush it again sometime soon and see if it stays clean for longer this time.
a couple years can do that, you should flush out the fluid every 1-2 years. I find that the ate super blue sucks up more moisture out of the air and requires flushes more frequently than other fluids. Either way a couple years could be nearly 1000 hot and cold cycles, each one bringing in a little water dew to your system.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
atmperformance;2008852 said:
a couple years can do that, you should flush out the fluid every 1-2 years. I find that the ate super blue sucks up more moisture out of the air and requires flushes more frequently than other fluids. Either way a couple years could be nearly 1000 hot and cold cycles, each one bringing in a little water dew to your system.

Grandavi;2008860 said:
Normally it's moisture in the lines that turns it black. My lines were pretty funky... I replaced them. (Not the hard line though)

If it does get real nasty after I flush it I will look into replacing the line.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I've soaked hard lines in WD40 over night then flushed them out with carb or brake clean from a can. I had to do this for my datsun 240z back in the day and i have a feeling i might be doing this to my clutch line too if it turns dark again in a few months. a lot of rust can be sitting on those lines