What did you do to your supra today? Pics

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Drake69;1837333 said:
Actually, that website in your thread "SuperBrightLEDs" lists lots of WLED bulbs for that #194 bulb, and since I don't have my dash torn apart I can't tell which one to buy. I also can't really tell from your diagram which one it is, do you have the actual WLED part number I can use to order it? Thanks!

The 5wled one. Looks kinda like a spin star(Metallica logo). Many will work and the brightness isn't an issue if you buy or make a pwm to dim.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Drake69;1837632 said:
That hose is the biggest pain in the rear to get to, much less replace. I had to do mine as well, went ahead and changed the fitting that it goes into from the front since it was near corroded apart.

If you haven't done it already, also replace the 90deg. hose in the back of the engine as well. Either one can give a boatload of headaches.

Yep -- already been down that road with that back one on my son's NA. They're both a PITA! Replaced the front one today so I'm at least back on the road. :-/

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Those hoses are on the list of things that I'll change whenever I'm in the area, or the engine is out.

Though... Blowing out that hose behind the water neck was what allowed me to convince my wife that I should be allowed to swap in the 7M-GTE.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Finally got some clutch parts in direct from land of the rising sun!!!!!

p1837833_1.jpg

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Went from this today

p1837870_1.jpg

To this

p1837870_2.jpg

p1837870_3.jpg

Tomorrow the head comes off and we will see what kind of damage has been done :)

Plan is new harness and head gasket and just general cleaning and up keep.

Also i want to paint the exhaust manifold and valve covers black.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
BoostMonger;1837735 said:
replaced my broken short speedo cable in 15 min :)
You must be speaking of the short part of the cable... the long part is a PAIN, at least in my case it was.

Drake69;1837632 said:
That hose is the biggest pain in the rear to get to, much less replace. I had to do mine as well, went ahead and changed the fitting that it goes into from the front since it was near corroded apart.

If you haven't done it already, also replace the 90deg. hose in the back of the engine as well. Either one can give a boatload of headaches.

Hotwheelsjr;1837769 said:
Yep -- already been down that road with that back one on my son's NA. They're both a PITA! Replaced the front one today so I'm at least back on the road. :-/
Guys, I seem to recall a trick about loosening all the mounts, and lifting the rear of the transmission, to tilt the back of the engine up and forward a bit. That would make getting to that hose and fitting MUCH easier. ;)

Hopefully someone can confirm, I replaced mine with the head off, wasn't hard there. :p

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Well I've been having this leak from my shifter housing (The big rubber gasket between the tranny and the housing) After a whole lot of time I was able to remove all six bolts I was able to remove the shifter housing and pull it through the whole for the shifter. Tomorrow i'll be replacing the shifter housing gasket, all six grommets, the shifter bushing(Toyota Green Bushing), the bushing on the shifter itself and the shifter gasket.

Hopefully she'll be nice and stiff and no more leaks.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Installed my Aeromotive AFPR and did the break-in runs. One thing I did notice is that the Aeromotive behaved exactly like the XS Power one when trying to dial back my fuel pressure and also when hooking up the vacuum line....so I'm not so sure the knock-off is actually bad... *shrug* Still have a couple minor issues to work out, but the bruiser lives and drives like a champ so far.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Almost got the head off but then realized i do not have the correct tools to remove the ARP Studs from the block so i have to wait until monday.

p1838210_1.jpg

p1838210_2.jpg

Oil seems pretty dirty but no signs of a blown head gasket yet.
p1838210_3.jpg

Does anyone else think i was running a little lean by this photo... My AFR's and the puff of black smoke when i got on it say other wise though let me know your thoughts.
p1838210_4.jpg

p1838210_5.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Turbo Habanero;1838913 said:
I think I'm gonna weld it shut and run a external waste gate on the stock exhaust manifold.
I believe that's what Devin did, with good results too. External waste gates are a good investment. Keep in mind though, that this is one of 3 engine things you do NOT want to cheap out on. The other two being the turbo and fuel system.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
te72;1839086 said:
I believe that's what Devin did, with good results too. External waste gates are a good investment. Keep in mind though, that this is one of 3 engine things you do NOT want to cheap out on. The other two being the turbo and fuel system.

Yeah I know. Engine parts are always name brand for me. Hints why I have 2 jobs :)

Thinkin about the tial 44mm or whatever they re named it. Plus it will match the bov

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I replaced my hatch bump stops. I was suprised by how much the old ones were compresed compared to the new ones. Also, for anyone else who is planning to replace the hatch bump stops, the screws on the bump stops that are on the body are also 8mm bolts. They are really hard to remove because Toyota put thread locker on the screws.

p1840957_1.jpg

I also replaced my rusty battery tie down with new Toyota one.

p1840957_2.jpg

suprajim54

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I finished resealing the oil pan after dropping the subframe. Also had to replace the motor mounts that ripped in half, replaced the steering rack bushings, water pump and radiator. It was a long weekend spent under the car, but well worth it to get the car back on the road.