What did you do to your supra today? Pics

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
suprajztwenty;1953884 said:
i like mine on the h&r race springs. i ride on soft mode most of the time and its stiff on choppy roads but nothing to really complain about, still rides better than a c6 vette IMO. out of anything else i really like the drop it gave. also i have the mkiv na wheels and factory mkiv supra spec tires and its far from flush but its nice and level.

Thats the main reason Im getting the setup Im getting. For the drop. ((And well my shocks are KINDAAA shot)) But I have the MKIV TT Wheels and staggered tires. 255&275. I just trust Eibach more imo over the other brands. Not saying those arent any good!

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
T3rril79;1953802 said:
I had the same issue. I disassembled the door as best as I could and sprayed everything in there is with rainbow tech contact cleaner. http://www.rainbowtech.net/products/view.php?cn=3984
If your car has been sitting for a while like was, it getting pretty dusty back there. Be sure to check all mechanical components and use to test light to verify that all electrical component are getting a voltage.

Thank you. Ill try that next pay check. My car has been sitting for a couple years unused. When I got it the window was iffy and worked when it wanted to. It usually worked when you pressed the button a bunch of times but now it won't budge. At least not a whole lot of rain water gets in

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
TMMCSupra;1953867 said:
And the front. I still have to source all the camber bolts. Dealer wants $370 for all. Insane!

no employee discounts eh..?

it was enough to make me spitting mad that Canadian prices are X2 US prices... when our dollar has been at parody for years..

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
suprra_girl;1954009 said:
It's probably just your window switch is gunked up, the years of creating mini sparks on the contacts tends to soot them up, pull it apart, clean the contacts = win :)

Would bad/dirty contacts on one switch make it so the window can't be controlled from either driver or passenger side switches?

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
Austin2048;1954031 said:
Would bad/dirty contacts on one switch make it so the window can't be controlled from either driver or passenger side switches?

I'm not totally sure about that, but I do know that both of my window switches were horribly dirty and gunky. I thought that issue was with the window motor at first but I got my hands on some Rainbow Tech contact cleaner and tried it out. I cleaned both switches and tested connectivity with a test light. They have been working flawlessly since.

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
#04;1954021 said:
no employee discounts eh..?

it was enough to make me spitting mad that Canadian prices are X2 US prices... when our dollar has been at parody for years..

Yeah that's with my 15% so called "discount". Save the taxes I guess, but still ridiculous! I really don't want to grab them off the line at work, but geez they don't make it easy. Driftmotion sells the kit for $87 US. I'll be ordering from there.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
TMMCSupra;1953867 said:
And the front. I still have to source all the camber bolts. Dealer wants $370 for all. Insane!

$370 for just the fronts?!?!?!

I got all the fronts from toyota for under $120

Toyotapartszone.com

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
DeMoN2318;1954067 said:
Why are you looking for rears when you have the suspension links with the heims joints?

I thought I needed them regardless. Are you saying I don't? Because that would help a lot. I guess I should do more research on the subject. I did read that they are still required.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
TMMCSupra;1954068 said:
I thought I needed them regardless. Are you saying I don't? Because that would help a lot. I guess I should do more research on the subject. I did read that they are still required.

I thought you had the links with heims joints on both sides that can be used to adjust their length instead of using the cams...

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
DeMoN2318;1954070 said:
I thought you had the links with heims joints on both sides that can be used to adjust their length instead of using the cams...

They are all adjustable. Just the one link has it on both ends. The other 2 are only adjustable on the one end.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Look at the guy's name... Underneath it says Ontario.

Welcome to Canada... Where parts are a minimum of 200% what you pay.

Why?

Because we're polite and allow them to (or we buy from the US and BEG!!!! people not to send via UPS.

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
Grandavi;1954085 said:
Look at the guy's name... Underneath it says Ontario.

Welcome to Canada... Where parts are a minimum of 200% what you pay.

Why?

Because we're polite and allow them to (or we buy from the US and BEG!!!! people not to send via UPS.

Yeah pretty much. After we get hosed on the price, we get hit with another 13% sales tax. Ah the price we pay for free health care.

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
bandit1730;1953930 said:
What was the average charge to blast and powder coat your sub-frames??? I am going to follow you on this, but don't want to get ripped-off here in Miami.

I paid $200 cash for both the front and rear. Media blasted and powder coated. That included all the small bits and all 4 carriers.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Austin2048;1954031 said:

Absolutely. take a look at the wiring diagram. The passenger side window circuit must go through both switches in order to do anything. This is so that you don't get a nasty short if the driver says "UP" and the passenger says "DOWN" -- you end up getting nothing. either switch for the passenger window can be gummed up, and both switches will stop working. Sometimes, only one terminal on a switch is gummed up though, and both switches work for down, but only one (typically drivers) will make it go up.

Canadian dollar at parody. That IS funny in a sad way. And yeah, the prices for some parts out of the states... Double is when we get GOOD pricing. It was pretty close to triple for the window louvre.