What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea all of this shit from installing a front main seal incorrectly. It's at the shop right now my mechanic is checking it out some more. And I just got the damn AC working beautifully all I needed to do was fix the small oil leak then this happens. My friend has a 2JZGE VVTI full swap that he wants to practically give to me, says the motor runs great and will come with everything. I am thinking about doing that if the 7M is toast and just sell off parts on here to fund the turbo conversion on the 2jz.

Amazing how I changed my head gasket by myself and it ran beautifully but changing a front main seal and I pretty much kill my 7M.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
That is what I thought too but when we looked into the cylinder they saw impact marks on the piston for cylinder 3 or 4 unless they were mistaken.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Cleaned my engine
p1933702_1.jpg

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
Doat;1933678 said:
That is what I thought too but when we looked into the cylinder they saw impact marks on the piston for cylinder 3 or 4 unless they were mistaken.

They could b mistaking the valve reliefs in the top of the pistons for impact markings.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Supraguy7M;1933760 said:
They could b mistaking the valve reliefs in the top of the pistons for impact markings.
We looked on the edge of those and it was like seeing a beige spot surrounded by blackness pretty much

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
From what I understand, the only way a valve would impact the piston is if it "fell" and the only way it would fall is it the spring or valve stem broke (highly unlikely).

At least to the best of how I understand the engine.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
So then what would cause my compression for 3 and 4 to drop like that? We also did a leak down test and same thing cylinders 3 and 4 were not good

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Grandavi;1933771 said:
From what I understand, the only way a valve would impact the piston is if it "fell" and the only way it would fall is it the spring or valve stem broke (highly unlikely).

At least to the best of how I understand the engine.

Or if the wrong size HG was used right? Doat, was the head or block shaved at all and did you use a stock HG?

Doat;1933772 said:
So then what would cause my compression for 3 and 4 to drop like that? We also did a leak down test and same thing cylinders 3 and 4 were not good

Bad piston rings?

Sent from my G2X

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Numba1Stuna;1933857 said:
Or if the wrong size HG was used right? Doat, was the head or block shaved at all and did you use a stock HG?

Bad piston rings?

Sent from my G2X

I used a stock head gasket from felpro they assured me it's the same or better than OEM and same size. If the compression was off when I did the head gasket then why did the car run smooth until now? We did a leak down test as well and felt air coming out of the intake manifold through the throttle body. Basically all tests pretty much point to bad valves or the valves no fully seating and when I did my head gasket I lapped the valves and valve seats, so something with the valves is not working right.

Yea I made a thread already in the 7mgte section we can talk there lol.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
yay! i finally got my hands on an aftermarket turbo...... it's an older bullseye power bolt on. should be good for 400+ wheel. that, and i finally ordered the injector clips for my new injectors. this weekend----- turbo, lex afm, and injectors going in!!!!!!!!