what cometic HG to choose

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
alright i was looking on horsepowerfreaks website.. and i dont know which cometic headgasket to choose.. i know im newbish at picking HG's.. the head has alrdy been shaved once (minimal amount) stock bore, and basically im going to be keeping stock bore and of course will be lapping the block and getting teh head shaved.. im going to use arp head studs also.. so what one should i choose? and im going to be aiming for the mid 400 rwhp range.. nothing HUGE.. yet :evil2:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Strat: All depends on goals for the car!

Cometics work well and I'd guess as well as the lower priced HKS's them being the same construction, it's not until you drop the $$$ for a Stopper that things change somewhat ;)

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
well i dont really care about cost.. just going for security. after reading the posted thread youve kinda swayed me towards the stopper IJ... money is a small price to pay for a solid motor..

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
alright well ive kinda of strayed away from cometic.. even though its more tolerable for block finish. im going to jsut have to find a machine shop that actually know hows to lap a block... but heres my plan

arp head studs, 2mm hks stopper hg, toga main and rod bearings, oem toyota rings, greddy timing belt, yonaka engine gasket set. should work pretty good :)