What color and whos car is this?

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
reminds me of Mike Urbano's car.

MikeUrbano-workequip05.jpg

his car is what made me fall in love with the MKIII supra. still one of the, if not THE, best looking mk3s ive ever seen.

dont know what the name of the paint color was, though. :(

looks similar to the MKIV factory color called RSP, or Royal Sapphire Pearl.

edit: nevermind, did a little more research and discovered mike's car was "Spectra Blue Mica Color Code 8M6" which is another Toyota factory color.

Last edited:

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I like the 8M6, which I was looking at. I was also looking at the RSP to paint my car, but that first one is pretty much the colour that I had envisioned.

I originally got the idea for blue when I had a colour issue with displaying images. The display swapped the RGB values to BGR, so a picture of my car got warped around, and the blue looked fantastic, much like that car.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Looks like the Amazon Blue from my 93' Eclipse. This picture isn't my car.>>>

p1840323_1.jpg

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
It looks almost identical to my paint, pm me Red if you want the code. Its a full tri-color but I have the paint code to a single stage/base clear that is very close as well.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
It has a slight amount of violet in the shade.
Looks to me like Ford(Mazda) Royal sapphire metallic, from the late 80's/ early 90's. I painted my 280Z this color in 1990.
Here's an example:
p1840422_1.jpg

Of course, The MkIV Supra, as well as a number of other manufacturers have similar colors; Porsche has an excellent sapphire color.

Last edited: