what clutch do u run in your 1j swap

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Toasted my clutch tonight. I made the common mistake and bought a ebay clutch .. I had a spec stage 3 with kevlar 6 puck.. 1st. Time I have had the balls to launch the car. Took it to 5k slipped it out .. it popped and went nowhere.. clutch is gone. When I let clutch out i Hear it spinn but car does not move, well it trys to move..

So I was wondering what clutch are u running and how much power are you making ? Thanks for the help for I want some good advise befor buying anther. I want a drivers car not a drag car. And I will be making 440ish wheel when I am done. Oh and it lasted 3600 miles

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I have about 6k or so on a dm 2800lb pp and action 6 puck. No issues so far and I beat on it pretty hard sometimes. It has normal 6 puck chatter. First chatters if you don't rev it up a little but after that shifts smooth like a stock clutch. I like it.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Mine did chatter a little bit too. But not bad I can't remeber what the pp poundage was. The strange parts is their was no sings of anyslipping. Prior to it failing.. ithink something. Broke. Maybe the disk came aprts ill let u know when I get under it

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Action 2800lb PP/ sprung 6puck.. holds around 550wtq

The clutch isn't much different from stock aside from having a little chatter when slipping (minimal is an understatement)..

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Dylan JZ;1832379 said:

The clutch isn't much different from stock aside from having a little chatter when slipping (minimal is an understatement)..
is ths the set up that drift motion sells? i was looking at it today?

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
k20maniac;1832531 said:
I met a guy running the same setup as mine and was doing 550whp with no problem...

Stock disk with act pressure plate...
I like that set up friend had it in his 7m and it was nice with t he stock disk to drive.. do know what pressure the plate is ?.. I'm hoping when I get mine apart my plate is still good.. hoping I had something else go wrong. I still have the stock disk I might slap it in just to make ssure I dolnt have something else wrong with my set up befor I spend money on all new stuff..

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Dylan JZ;1832379 said:

+1
It's been three years with Driftmotion Sixpuck

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
i actually dont think the clutch was to blame , in my case.. i got 3600 miles on it. , im thinking that maybe my bmw pedal assembly does not jive with toyota slave.. i may have a dis engagement issue that i over looked..hard to tell now. their is slack in the slave now. but than again if the disk is gone and thin. then their might no be when its a new disk. thanks for the feed back i will let you know my findings whe i did deeper

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
so after some more digging. i took off the inspection plates and all looked good.. soo i travled down the drive train. and all lookes good.. untill i spun a wheel.. turns out i had some axle bolts back out.. and when i launched it it snapped the rest off. so broken axle. great news for me.. tranny gets to stay in the car .. whooooo hooooo