what can i make in metals class

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
i need ideas for stuff i can make in my metals class for my 87 supra turbo or just stuff just relating to cars but i have it 2 times per day this semester so anyideas to keep me busy will be greatly appreciated

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
we have about 6 lathes um 2 little drill presses some small milling machines um 5 welding booths a whole lot of welders um a lot of saws and stuff and metals are really like steel and some thin aluminum right now we get new stock like next week or so. why would i need an ic blockoff plate?

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
do yall think it will be hard to make a pipe like the intake pipe my accordian hose is trashed would it be hard to make one and maybe tig welding thefittings into a pipe so i didnt need the rubbber i mean i would have a rubber one on the turbo housing connectine the 2 thats a good idea and maybe the sogi shifter mod

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
can you make punctuation in your metal working class? it looks like you need practice.

that being said- replica of the ARC airbox, and IC blockoff plate.

-shaeff

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
Yea, i know im gonna need one soon no joke lol but, i really dont want to tear it down i would acually rather sell it and buy one with a metal headgasket already on it, because getting the block decked and head machined up here is gonna cost out the @ss. To be honest with you i dont really want these shade tree machanics to work on my car. and No! i dont believe in puncuation so im not gonna use it. IS THAT BETTER DADDY? btw this isnt english class

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
No it's not, but it's a very good habbit to get into. Plus it makes your posts a whole lot easier to read!

Yes, make some IC blockoff plates and an box for the airfilter!

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
What do the IC blockoff plates do? better yet where do they go? I know very little about these cars, but I thought of the pipe to replace my intake hose cause mine is trashed and the air box is a great idea but keep them coming, anything to make it look better or perform better are good ideas to me lol

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
the ic blockoff plate goes between the the front bumper and the rad support, right overtop of the intercooler... it helps air flow through the front of the car better by not letting it escape before the rad.

kuuringu70.JPG

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
believe me if i could figure out a way to rig up a quick release i would i hate those bolts they are retarded

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
fiyota said:
the ic blockoff plate goes between the the front bumper and the rad support, right overtop of the intercooler... it helps air flow through the front of the car better by not letting it escape before the rad.
Mk3's have a seal under the hood so this is cosmetic..... :nono: