what can i check?

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
first startup of the day is kind of sketchy

i have to crank for about 3 seconds when i let off and try again it will start up and idle fine and even if i was to turn it off the car will start back up with no problem after that

its just the first start of the day that this happens (maybe i'll try making a video but the cell phone quality isn't all to great)

i tried another cold start injector, also i do seem to get a miss if i hold the rpms at 1800 on a warm start up (rpms will drop to about 1000 and go back to 1800), is not noticeable when driving or at idle

what can i check? any suggestions?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Checking for codes never hurts, but it sounds like you have a leak some where in the fuel system letting air into the fuel lines / rail. Next time you try and start the car, turn the key to the on position, count to 10. Turn the key off. Turn the key to the on position and start the car. If she starts right up, its a fuel pressure problem....

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
MDCmotorsports;1631420 said:
Checking for codes never hurts, but it sounds like you have a leak some where in the fuel system letting air into the fuel lines / rail. Next time you try and start the car, turn the key to the on position, count to 10. Turn the key off. Turn the key to the on position and start the car. If she starts right up, its a fuel pressure problem....

i thought that the FP only runs when cranking? so would letting the key be on for 10 seconds build fuel pressure?

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i check for codes and only got code 41 which is the tps a few days after i posted this my afr's started getting a little weird like being at 14.6-15.3 back and forth to just dropping down in the twelves maybe the tps has something to do with this

im going to pick up another one and see what happens

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
car is in the garage for the winter, so maybe i can figure this out before the weather gets nice again

i have to check for any codes to make sure its nothing else since i have replaced the tps and stopped my cpd from leaking (o ring from rebuild kit must have been the wrong size)

mdc ive tried that and that didnt change anything

could these two things make a big difference on startup?
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291420/catalog.aspx?F=8404&P=1

#89462 and #89422? if anything im thinking #89462

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Make sure the STA wire to the ecu is +12v when cranking the starter. If there isn't 12v there when cranking the starter, the ecu doesn't know to adjust the timing and fuel mixture accordingly for startup. I've seen all sorts of starter switch/pushbutton/relay re-wiring jobs, and they often forget that the starter wire also goes through the engine harness to the ecu.

I actually just heard this from someone a few days ago: "I put in a starter pushbutton, and now my car takes several tries to start when it's cold" :)