What can cause this?????

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
I have an '88 Supra turbo and decided i wanted the engine bay and car painted. While the engine is oit i planned pn a few upgrades and fix a few oil leaks. The i took off the clutch and pressure plate i saw this on the disk.
20120418140130933.jpg

What cause or how did the rivets get screwed up? I bought the car like this and never seen this before.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
logic.jpg

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Lol.....yes the disk was facing the flywheel as marked on the disk. I cant find any makings on the disk to see id i can find a model number to see if its the right disk. That's my only guess at this point. Should i look into another flywheel or just have it resurfaced? It does have a pretty nasty groove and it feels uneven to the touch across the whole surface.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
mk3_7m;1831023 said:
Wrong flywheel?? perhaps

Good call mk3!!! The flywheel had some sort of sticker which i figured was a part number. Became friends with Google and found the disk belonged on a W58 tranny. Didnt know if there is a difference in flywheels ...but a guess there is. Either way i called the company personally to verify they have two different numbers for flywheels for my 88 Supra. Can anyone confirm there is a difference. Anyways......started the whining to da wife to upgrade to light weight, pressure plate, and disk to handle @ least 400+hp......since thats my goal.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Thanks for the link. Just by looking at the pics I'm just about sure thats my issue. Not going to worry to much about it anymore. My next question is what is the best cost effective (less than $700) for a flywheel, disk, and pressure plate to handle 400hp? Here's my path im thinking of going ....

Light weight flywheel ($250 used? ????)
Oem disk ($85)
Action Stage 2as pressure plate ($300???)