what are these plugs on my 1jz? and clutch question

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
im stumped on what these plugs are and wondered if anyone could help.
also where can i buy the locating pins that locate my pressure plate on my flywheel?

thanks Corey

Attachments

• jz plugs2.jpg
    jz plugs2.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 70
  • jz plugs.jpg
    jz plugs.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 57

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I think the harness diagrams are covered in the TSRMs or online. Is that the old 7M harness, or new JZ?

Looks like the alternator + or a ground, not sure about the other.

I picked up new plate guide pins from my machine shop. He had a few laying around and just gave them to me.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
In the first picture, the far bottom left circle is the cable that feeds the battery from the alternator, needs to be extended to reach your battery. Also in that picture, around that area, I also have a few plugs left unconnected. I believe at least one of them controls the hydraulic fan, which I do not have. As for all the others, I'm not really sure, good luck, and hopefully one of the wiring gurus will chime in.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
The locating pins can be ordered from any Toyota dealer. The 7M-GTE ones are the same.

The wiring stuff is typical 1JZ and is covered in the swap guides.

1st pic:
White: Alternator power to battery
Pink: Hydrofan Pump
Blue: A/C pressure switch - looks like you or someone else removed the A/C lines. Nothing to do with 1JZ.
Yellow: A/C pressure switch - looks like you or someone else removed the A/C lines. Nothing to do with 1JZ.

2nd pic:
Red: Alternator to battery connection, connect to white in first pic. Run one 4ga or two 8ga wires under the radiator support to the other side.
Green: Alternator signal. Need to wire in to the big gray EA2 plug for the 1JZ.
Purple: Unhooked from your cruise control. Nothing to do with 1JZ.
Blue: Unhooked from the sender for the factory boost gauge. Nothing to do with 1JZ.
White: Hard to see, can you take pics of the pin configuration and note the wire colors? Might be A/C if it's one pin. Hard to tell by the pic.
Yellow: Should connect to noise filter. The small black box with two wires, sitting on the shock tower in the pic.

Last edited:

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
mobes;1687024 said:
The locating pins can be ordered from any Toyota dealer. The 7M-GTE ones are the same.

The wiring stuff is typical 1JZ and is covered in the swap guides.

1st pic:
White: Alternator power to battery
Pink: Hydrofan Pump
Blue: A/C pressure switch - looks like you or someone else removed the A/C lines. Nothing to do with 1JZ.
Yellow: A/C pressure switch - looks like you or someone else removed the A/C lines. Nothing to do with 1JZ.

2nd pic:
Red: Alternator to battery connection, connect to white in first pic. Run one 4ga or two 8ga wires under the radiator support to the other side.
Green: Alternator signal. Need to wire in to the big gray EA2 plug for the 1JZ.
Purple: Unhooked from your cruise control. Nothing to do with 1JZ.
Green: Unhooked from the sender for the factory boost gauge. Nothing to do with 1JZ.
White: Hard to see, can you take pics of the pin configuration and note the wire colors? Might be A/C if it's one pin. Hard to tell by the pic.
Yellow: Should connect to noise filter. The small black box with two wires, sitting on the shock tower in the pic.

ok you said the color green twice? and shouldn't the white circled plug be plugged into that noise filter? they both have blue plugs. wich plug is needed to be wired into the big gray ea2 plug?

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
grey plug has black with brown dots and white with black stripe. i dont get exactly what i have to do with that plug and the ea2 plug.