what are some pusher Electric fan options? quiet - efficient

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
I have a Koyo rad and with my FFIM setup i cant fit the tiny A/C fan on the rad and clear the IC pipe. so i was going to put a pusher on the other side (10'' or so) then make a shroud for the mechanical fan to clear the IC pipe and use all of the rad surface area to funnel to the mechanical fan.

So what are some good quiet efficient pusher fans that are roughly 10'' to 11''?

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
SPAL fans if you're gonna choose electric fans of any type. They're very expensive yes, but they are the one of the only electric fans (when you have a two 12" fan setup) to flow MORE than the stock clutch fan. A friend of mine has a SPAL setup and they flow 3600CFM and cool his car from 90*C to 80*C in 17 seconds (yes he timed it). Plus numerous car manufacturers use them as OEM equipment, so I'd personally be confident in their reliability.

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
pushers are a lot less efficient because they create turbulance through the radiator fins instead of behind the radiator (like a puller).
That being said, Zirgo make 3000-3300 and 3600cfm electric fans (I run the 3300cfm in a pulling setup and it is very efficient, coolant never go above 93C at the track on a 1jz 6262).
However, that fan is NOT QUIET.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
shipkiller;1976776 said:
pushers are a lot less efficient because they create turbulance through the radiator fins instead of behind the radiator (like a puller).
That being said, Zirgo make 3000-3300 and 3600cfm electric fans (I run the 3300cfm in a pulling setup and it is very efficient, coolant never go above 93C at the track on a 1jz 6262).
However, that fan is NOT QUIET.

this would just be used as A/C condensor fan.yes pushers are less efficient but its only for a/c. maybe ill make a shroud just for a puller and mechanical. the puller being the a/c just like stock. its just the stock one wont clear my ffim and IC pipe

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I was thinking of wiring up the A/C fan as a pusher too along with the auxiliary puller fans (the small ones) to help my 14" keep things cool. Mind you I'm thinking of switching back to a clutch fan too, which I think might be better overall in terms of simplicity when things break.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
MNBmk3T;1976949 said:
I was thinking of wiring up the A/C fan as a pusher too along with the auxiliary puller fans (the small ones) to help my 14" keep things cool. Mind you I'm thinking of switching back to a clutch fan too, which I think might be better overall in terms of simplicity when things break.

the mechanical does drag power but it just seems more reliable imo.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Get a spal fan. There not really even that expensive. Maybe 150 tops. Will flow prolly 1200 cfm which is whT 2 fal fans flow.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
hmmm. well a new toyota WP is already ordered. In the mean time I'm going to install the 2 core koyo rad and new toyota coolant. Also thought since the electric puller fan for a/c condensor wont fit with current setup that i would block off its opening in shroud and add a pusher fan. what are your thoughts on this?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hda-3680/overview/

I had already test fitted it. (local auto parts carries it) It didnt take much to fit. just bent the low side tube for a/c to make space on condensor for fan. i would wire it up to excisting condensor fan circuit seeing as the circuit has a 40amp fuse this 8amp fan will be fine.

There is only a fraction of space for the factory puller fan to operate (Was a 7mge-w58) so only one electric fan.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
1986.5supra_kid;1977122 said:
not sure what statement you are responding too.

having a huge temp drop is not a good thing also.

BALANCE.

You want the T-stat to do its job. You want the fan to do its JOB. Both are a part of a system.

Have a fan that can drop temps 100 degrees in 1 second does no one to include the engine ANY good.