what about obx cam gears?

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
Does anyone know about obx camgears? has anyone used them in their supra? are they any good? or do they suck?

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
I remember someone saying they worked fine...Maybe it was Nashman, im not sure though. Honestly, people will just say "oh its OBX, it sucks"....Cam gears arent rocket science! And for the price, it seems like a good deal

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
yea, they do seem like a good deal for the price, compared to 160 a piece for the aem ones and 400 for the unorthodox ones.

J

JerzeySlowpra

dont know much about them let us know how they work

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
thanx guys i appreciate the feedback, i am going to purchase a set as soon as my motor is back from the machine shop, and i will let u guys know how they work.

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
i tried to install my camshaft gears tonight and found that the adjustment
bolts on the sprockets make contact with the bolts that hold in the rear upper timing cover. i am unsure if this cover must be removed with these camshaft sprockets but i contacted the store to see if i can get some tech feedback from them. Is there anyone who is running aftermarket cam sprockets that had to leave there upper covers off b/c of this same reason?

jorge

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
I would like to run a clear upper timing cover instead of leaving it open like that. looks like im gonna have to come up with something to make this happen.

thanx for the feedback guys.

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
right now there is another set on ebay. i am questioning the quality of this product. i wanted a set that would just bolt on , i didn't want to start fucking with shit cause they didn't work properly, then if u want tech support for these things as far as how the manufacture wants u to run them u cant get them they dont even have a phone number posted on their website. so i dont know if im gonna run them on my car, i may sell them and buy a set of aem's or unorthodox cam gears, does anyone have a set of aem's installed or unorthodox cam gears, if so how do u like the quality and the fitment of the product.

jorge