What a delightful evening

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
On my way home from work. Wait, lets rewind. Even before leaving work the car told me i was running low on coolant. I had to scratch my head as to why b/c i had already fix the radiator hose. And there were no deposits on the ground. On my way home the car spikes into the red. I pull over turn off the engine. Open the hood only to get a face full of coolant smoke. It turns out the hose next to the TPS had a cracked right after the clamp. Spraying the dreaded green ooze everywhere. I finally adjust the clamp so that it rested past the crack. Driving home fine and dandy again. and then the whole damn thing spikes again.

F'n Hell!!!!!:aigo: :cry: :aigo:

So....I don't need to be told but my engine is probably fucked.

Anyone got another one?

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
the supra knows when u ignore her signs. I know hindsight is 20/20, but ya shoulda checked out the hoses real quick and stopped atleast to get a gallon of water to last ya. At the very least, Learn from this mistake. If something seems wrong, it probably is. Id say fill it up with 50/50 again, tighten all your hoses, and take it for a drive and see how she feels. Doubt the engine is ruined now. How long did u run with it overheated?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Burp the system first, as it may just be an air bubble.

After that if the problem persists do a leak down test on it. If the coolant bubbles up through the radiator you have a bhg.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
The hoses you're talking about that run through the ISC and throttle body are a horrible setup. First thing they do when they fail is spray coolant all over your vital electronics. I'd recommend just bypassing that setup. Keeps the intake a little cooler and is one less point of failure.

The MA70 is a fairly reliable car unless you run it low on oil or coolant. As MDC said, burp your system. You may get lucky and not need a whole new engine. If you've got one cracked hose chances are you've got more. You need to check all your coolant hoses and make sure they aren't cracked or hard. They aren't too expensive and they can really save you a headache later.

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
yea i would say u have an air pocket like the other guys said.. on one of my other cars i replaced the termosdat and overheated because of an air pocket...

burp it by getting it to temp and jack up the front end so the rad cap is higher than anything else and turn the heater on full blast

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
I would love to do that. but i was only down the block from my house. drove the car home. HOT!!!

I haven't started it yet. Need to get some coolant in it first.

The engine is long over due for a rebuild

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Almost forgot to add, change your oil as soon as possible (assuming the motor is still good). Overheating tends to break down the oil quicker.