Wet driver floor

daught

Oct 5, 2007
Oakville
My driver floor has been wet for quite a while now. I doubt it is a hole in the floor for a couple of reasons. My floor is in very good condition, and I sealed the whole thing with POR15 last year. I did not drive my car a lot this summer, I use my motorcycle most of the time. I don't remember driving in rain for a very very long time. Also the damn thing did not dry in a month since I noticed it is wet.

Now I have to point out that I found my coolant reservoir almost empty twice. However I don't get any temperature spikes.

All this would point to the heater core, but like I said the floor is wet on the driver side, not the passenger where the heater core is. Is there any hose with coolant that would pass in the driver area?

Also while on the subject, where is the resistor pack on a 87 7MGE Supra?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
^Correct, firsrt place to check wet driver's floor is the clutch master. Now the coolant issue is another problem all together. Has the car overheated due to the lack of coolant? Hopefully it's not too late. Do a search on burping your coolant system. You could just have air forcing your coolant out. If you let that go unchecked it will lead to BHG.

daught

Oct 5, 2007
Oakville
Like I said my car never overheated. My "birdcage" came on and I filled the system.
I just checked my clutch fluid and it is as full as ever.

daught

Oct 5, 2007
Oakville
Yep it is the heater core system. I took the car outside to heat up and when temp was high enough I started to get a coolant leak right where the coolant pipe exits through the firewall.

Thanks for the help.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
image011.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I decided to bypass my heater because I didn't want to do the work. I live in the Deep South, so it never get's too cold anyway. I'm scared I will need a defrost tho. That's gonna be a fun project!

daught

Oct 5, 2007
Oakville
While I am here and I have everything torn out I have a couple of additional questions.

1. Why is the heater return line made out of metal. Can I replace it with regular heater hose?
2. Where is the beeper located?! I want to get rid of it, burn it and bury it's remains in an acid filled hole.
3. Where is the resistor pack on the 87 7MGE supras?