Went from 660cc to 1000cc injectors (AEM V1)

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Car has been running with 660cc injectors for a while now. It idles fine and makes about 550rwhp currently at 18psi. I'm changing injectors because I don't think my 660cc are equip to handle a Billet 6765. So my question is:

What settings in AEM do I need to change?

Will my current map be reset when changing injector settings?

Please walk me through this step by step please. I don't understand everything in AEM.

Thank you

Old Injectors: Greddy 660cc
New: Precision 1000cc Mitsu style

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Im still new with standalones so I am hoping to hear from someone on this as well but logically I do this with my Mapecu 2 and I have to scale down my current map when I increase injectors. So for instance if your currently have 660s and are increasing to 1000s logically 40-45% would be a good place to start but I dont if that works with AEM. I wil be trying it soon as I just got an AEM v2

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
Manny, you'll need to run the "change injector" function when you right click on the fuel map. You'll also need to change the injector battery offset using the values provided with your new injectors or run the injector wizard if yours are listed.

If the turbo is new, you'll also need to tweak the map a little. I had to retune my car when switching from the SP63 to the 6765 CEA (funny we made the same decision).

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Finally took a shot at this POS. I loaded the injector wizard for precision 1000cc injectors, I saw the change as the injectors pulses were different compared to the 660's. I tried starting the car, it starts but doesn't stay started, it dies right away. I then re-loaded my 660cc injector tune and it starts fine. Now, my question is, what is causing this? Is it running to rich with the 1000cc injector settings? Did I miss a setting in my AEM? The only thing I did was remove my CSI, but it started with the 600 tune, so I don't know. Any help would be great guys, thanks.

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
Once you do the injector wizard you will need to make sure the pulse width at idle is enough to actually get some fuel - if it is too low (below the injector's minimum stable pulse width) you won't get stable fueling and it won't idle.

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Funkycheeze;1855144 said:
Once you do the injector wizard you will need to make sure the pulse width at idle is enough to actually get some fuel - if it is too low (below the injector's minimum stable pulse width) you won't get stable fueling and it won't idle.

Is there a way to manually set the pulse? If so, how? Thanks

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
... you set the injector open time values in the fuel table, in the cells that are around the idle range for RPM and load values.

87targa

Nov 14, 2005
Utah
if you are talking about deadtime/battery offset/latency for the injectors then that information should have came with the injectors.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
John Reed is one of the best so you're in good hands if you can get his time. If not let me know I will try to help you out.